Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
rasuhu
Registered Users

My Mood:
How does trading work?

I looked for an answer in the trading forum, but couldn't find anything. How does a trade work? Does one person send their diapers, and the other sends them after they receive the first? Who sends first? Or do they both send them at the same time? That seems iffy to me; what if the other person didn't follow through? What is the proper way to do a trade?

Advertisement

rasuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How does trading work?

The way I like to do trades is for both mamas to send a paypal payment of $1 to each other. That way you can track if the person printed a shipping label and you get delivery confirmation of your items. Plus it's SO much easier for me to ship from paypal then to go to the post office.

That being said, I have done several trades where we just agreed to each send our items around the same time, and I've never had someone not follow through. I would hope that the mamas on here are all honest, but there's always a few bad apples in the bunch. I try to check out a mama's feedback before I agree to anything
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
PrettyNPink
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Great question I was thinking the same thing.
PrettyNPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Trades are risky. Keep that in mind. They can work out really well though if you are careful. Contact the person you would like to trade with. Check their feedback and ask if they have feedback elsewhere. If they are a newbie and request a trade with me first, I have on occasion requested that they send their item first to me and then I send mine...I have lots of feedback and a good reputation here so they are not taking a risk with me but I am with them. This has worked out well and allowed the newbie to gain a feedback rating also since you can leave feedback for trades.

But anyway, decide on what you want to trade making sure each party feels it is a fair trade. Decide on a day to send and purchase delivery confirmation. Send the item and confirm with the mama that you sent it. Then leave feedback once you get your item.

It is vital that you ask lots of questions and do not do a trade if you get a bad feeling about the transaction. I would also recommend trying a few trades for lower dollar amounts first. I would not trade a higher dollar amount with a new person...unless they sent their items first. You just need to be aware that it is a risk when you are trading and you have very little recourse as far as getting your item or payment back if by chance the other mama does not keep her end of the bargain.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
rasuhu
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the great replies!
rasuhu is offline   Reply With Quote