Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #121
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Instead Cups/Resuable Cups For TTC & Gender Swaying Support Thread

Ok so I started a Success List on the opening thread. Please let me know if I missed you! What a great idea mama's!

Advertisement

Last edited by tedcgh; 03-12-2010 at 06:29 AM.
tedcgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #122
candijunkie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMilktm View Post
You can totally reuse the Instead Cups, I always did. I would use one for months because I only used it for 3 days a cycle. It's really no different than a reusable menstrual cup or diaphragm. Its a but flimsier so I assume it would break down easier after repeated use; but there really is no reason not to wash and reuse. I think the main reason is becasue they are normally used for menstrual protection and if it got a small hole it could possibly leak and that would be bad on AF LOL.
i do agree that they are a thinner material and they could more easily get a hole but i think the biggest reason is because the risk of improper cleaning/storing and bad bacteria getting up there and causing problems. ive examined them pretty much every time i put one in (used them for 2 months for af so far) and there arent really and hard to clean places on them so i think im going to start reusing mine. do you think theyll hold up in the munchkin microwave sterilizing bags?
i also use the playtex drop in liner bottle system and i reuse liners for them too. i clean it just like a bottle but that way if i find a bottle that ran away and i find it a week later or they sit for any long period of time i just toss them and grab a new one and i dont have to worry about missing the bottom corners of a bottle when im cleaning or trying super hard to get anything out. sorry that was totally off topic : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgualtieri View Post
I bought my Instead Cups today. DH is intrigued. I use the Diva Cup, so the idea of inserting something like that isn't weird to him, but the fact that I could use it during AF and still have sex is baffling to him. Hahaha. I guess I need to give DH an anatomy lesson. Hahaha.

Thanks for the tips on Preseed. I think I'll go ahead and order some. My OPKs should be here today or Monday. Today is CD4, so that would be in plenty of time. Wish me luck this month!
like i said i use mine for af and am scared to use it during sex even though it sits behind my bone sometimes it does stick out below not by much or anything but i worry wed try it and it would be uncomfortable for him. im not sure if it does it because im a plus size woman or it just needs more adjusting or what so if you have any suggestions please lmk!

for those of you ttc i would say try it before hand it took me my whole cycle the first time i used them to get them where they needed to be and to keep getting them there without having to mess with them and keep moving them around but i do think they are wonderful and super comfortable. they definitely shift during sleep or sometimes when you sit and stand (tmi but when i sit a certain way to pee [i think when i lean forward] it will start to pop out from behind the bone and i have to push it back in a little).

i get mine from walmart a box of 14 for about $7 which is cheaper than ordering from the site. if you go to look for them at the store look really hard and especially on the bottom shelf. the walmart i go to has them on the bottom shelf on the end and you can barely find them (wouldnt have found them except i remember stocking them when i worked there) so definately look hard lol
candijunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #123
Skittle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I woke up cramping this morning and my boobs are sore since yesterday. I wonder if that means anything or if I'll just have a visit from the witch soon. Well I guess we shall see.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #124
pamnkevin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle View Post
I woke up cramping this morning and my boobs are sore since yesterday. I wonder if that means anything or if I'll just have a visit from the witch soon. Well I guess we shall see.
How many dpo are you???
Old 03-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #125
Skittle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamnkevin View Post
How many dpo are you???
4 or 5. AF is supposed to arrive in about a week.

ETA: I know implantation happens around 6-10 days after ovulation so I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much. But still

Last edited by Skittle; 03-12-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #126
mommymandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

questions for those who got a BFP using the IC's:

did u use them each time you DTD around O?
did you just do it, and then put it in? or fill it with the swimmers 1st and then put in it?
and lastly did u place the preseed into the cup and insert it? or did u use it as lube?

thanks all!

www.AmandaGreene.OrigamiOwl.com
"You tell stories with words, we tell stories with jewelry"
mommymandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #127
pamnkevin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymandy View Post
questions for those who got a BFP using the IC's:

did u use them each time you DTD around O?
did you just do it, and then put it in? or fill it with the swimmers 1st and then put in it?
and lastly did u place the preseed into the cup and insert it? or did u use it as lube?

thanks all!
Yes
Did both
Just used as lube
Old 03-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #128
armywife08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm so excited for you guys!!! i hope that this is my month!! i'm 6 weeks pp so i'm hoping i'm as fertile as everyone says. 7dpo today come on sunday!!!

Our rainbow baby, James, was born 21April2011 Our survivor twin, Anya was born Dec 2012
armywife08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #129
Skittle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love4leon: any updates from you? Where are you?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #130
pamnkevin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife08 View Post
i'm so excited for you guys!!! i hope that this is my month!! i'm 6 weeks pp so i'm hoping i'm as fertile as everyone says. 7dpo today come on sunday!!!
Oh Sill...I hope it happens right away for you