Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
sugacube
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How did you start?

Buying and selling, I mean.I've been Cd'in my lo for almost 4 months now and am finally finding what I love But now I want to sell what isn't being used. My problem is I've bought everything new so zero feedback. Does buying give you feedback or is it just selling that does? Is it better to buy first off of DS and then sell. I'm just unsure how to start this whole process. How did/do you start? Any and all input is appreciated. TIA

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you start?

I would start by making an ISO/IHA list so everyone can see what you need and what you have for sell. Selling and buying will bring you feedback as long as everyone remembers to leave it. It is pretty hard at first here w/o FB, but if I can do it anyone can HTH
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
sugacube
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks mamaktee, i'll do that
Old 03-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
taradraven
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd love to know too!
taradraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

You get feedback for any kind of transaction (as long as they leave it for you)... buying, selling, and trading!

Mamas are quicker to sell to a newbie than they are to buy from one, so you might try picking up a few inexpensive things here and there to start building feedback.

That said, everyone needs their first shot, so you can try listing what you've got and see how it goes You won't know until you list stuff.

Post pics, list any flaws, be quick to ship, and be honest... do those things, and you'll do great!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i think you will find that most of us started here with trades. that helps build your fb and also the trust of being a buyer/seller that really helps
Old 03-13-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

If you have feedback anywhere else, I would mention that in your posts so mamas can go check that feedback.

Buying, selling, trading, and receiving FFS items all get feedback. If someone does not leave it for you, you can send a polite pm asking them to help build your good reputation here.

Personally, I do not trade with anyone with zero feedback. How do I know they will send the item if they have no feedback to prove it? However, I have traded with newbies if they were willing to send their items first to me and then after receiving, I would send out their stuff. And I always leave feedback for them.

I would list on FSOT personally. Tell if you have feedback anywhere else. If you are selling items that are lower priced, people will take a chance on you...they did for me. I mean I wouldn't buy $50 worth of stuff from a new person but I would $10, kwim?
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One other thing I look for Especially if it's someone new. How long have they been here and what have they posted?

I will go and check the previous posts. I've not got burned by those that are here for the community. It's the ones that were here only for FSOT that burned me!

Good luck!! I would love to see what you have for sale.