Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
findingstrength
Registered Users

WWYD? adult picking on my kids

Ok, at church club, every time the assistant director has the kids alone, either one, two or all of my boys are sent home. Today, a girl pushed "C" out the front door. "H" went over there to open the door for him and tell the girl to leave his brother alone. Miss E the asst. director came in just then. She sent the girl home for the day, but made my boys write the rules of kids club and then sent them home. She said they can come back tomorrow if they can behave. If they can't behave tomorrow, they can't come back all week.

I really don't see what happened as "misbehavior." I even asked her, and my other kids their version of what happened, and still.......I don't see it.

But every time she's alone with them....something happens. I honestly think its because of an incident with her little brother and my stepson from my first marriage. I think she's still upset about it and it colors her perspective of the kids.

Last time, it was a jr high boy who threw a snowball packed with ice at my sons leg. He was 3x my sons height and weight, and 14 years old. My son is 8, weighs 70lbs and wears a size 7 slim in clothes. He's little. When he came home crying I called her and she said she'd speak to the boy. But she didn't. Then the director called me to ask why "H" wasn't there and I told her. She spoke to the boy. And he called and apologized to "H" and then he went back to kids club.

Tomorrow I am going to speak to the director. I tried to reach her today but she is out sick.

Advertisement

Mom/stepmom to 8 beautiful children 16 yr old girl, 12 yr old girl, 9 yr old boy, another 9 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy, 7 yr old girl, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, expecting #9 in July!

ISO: size 3x maternity swimsuit
findingstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? adult picking on my kids

Make sure when you talk to director to use specific language. You'll come off as a whiny parent if you complain that miss E 'doesn't like my kids.'. Have examples like the ones above, as well as comparisons of other kids. Say that you believe she's treating your children unfairly or holding them to different rules as the other kids. Unfortunately there's probably not much you can do, other than ask the director to talk to her. *hugs*
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote