Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breastfeeding while pregnant

I nursed through 2 pregnancies. As painful as it was I did it for my child's sake and to be able to tandem nurse. I had very little to no milk. I never bothered with trying to increase production. I drank Red Raspberry tea throughout my pregnancy with the last baby. The comfort I was giving my nurslings was enough.

It was during this time I tried to introduce other types of milk. Some times the introductions were successful, other times not. Both of my fully breastfed children still prefer mama's milk over other types of milk.

Good luck to you, it sounds as if you already know what to do!

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

My milk dried up around 16 weeks and came back around 28ish weeks. DS nursed dry for those 12 weeks. We also didn't try to increase milk supply, as he was over 2 and not depending on it for nutrition.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #13
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with all the PPs, from what I read there is not much you can do, since the pregnancy hormones will eventually win out and their effects in your body are probably much stronger than the herbs which are safe to take. I feel like you just need to let nature take it's course! You're not that far away really that even if your LO does wean, they might pick it right up again as soon as your milk comes in, esp if they see a baby nursing again. I know when my milk dried up around 5-6 months my daughter stopped nursing for a whole 3 weeks, then got sick and decided to go back to it. I was sad when I thought she weaned but figured 20 months we'd done ok. She then close to dry-nursed for the next 3 months until baby was born, she was getting a little colostrum but not much. Now she is loving the real milk!! There's a good chance your LO won't wean anyway, just keep offering as much as possible. Good luck!!