Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
bagjunkie4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD won't wear underwears!

My dd is doing very well with #2 in potty but not #1, I asked her if she wants to try underwears on, she said no, I want my diaper, I'm not a big girl, I'm a baby. She's 3. It was so cute and breaking my heart hearing her saying that. But I know she's ready for underwears, any suggestions on making the transition easy from diapers to underwears? We don't have any cds anymore, we have about 7 sposies left. Don't want to spend more money on anymore sposies. We do have 4 training undies from JcPenneys, and 1 tester trainer, and disney princesses undies.

Any suggestions????

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: DD won't wear underwears!

Maybe Momma, try taking her lingerie shopping with you? Walk into Victoria's Secret and buy yourself a very pretty bra and panty set, with DD in tow. Seeing all that pretty "big girl" stuff, might be enough to get her motivated.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Let her pick out some new undies, sometimes that really helps. What we did for my son too was get some custom made in colors he likes and even embroidered them with a character he really liked.

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #4
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I am no help, I just wanted to say you are not alone in this. We bought dd underwear and she was so excited but she will only wear it on her head as a hat. We have tried everything! We are just taking a break I know it's frustrating but she may not be ready yet.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #5
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Hm... maybe you can try showing her how many sposies you have left and say after they are gone there are no more. Maybe get a couple CD trainers that you can use at night if you need to (I love antsy pants http://getantsy.com) but during the day let her go without. If there are no diapers left, then she won't have much of a choice. She can then choose which underwear or trainers to wear during the day. My daughter refused to wear underwear for about 8 months. She was potty trained at home, but simply wouldn't wear underwear. She'd wear her shorts or pants, but no undies. Absolutely refused. A couple times I forced her, but the rest of the day was horrible after that, so I didn't do that again. Then after many many months (I'd still offer her underwear every day, but didn't make a big deal of it) she wore a pair now and again. If she wanted to take it off after 5 minutes or an hour, I let her. Then suddenly one day she put one on and now she wears them every day. I'd make comments now and then about how she was wearing big girl underwear like Mama, or like her Aunty _____. Of course, if you try the "running out of diapers and not buying any more" thing and she doesn't handle that well at all, then maybe wait a bit longer. But I'd give it a try and see if it works.
QHoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
LauraJane429
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think pp (QHoneyB) has good advice. Show her that there are only 7 diapers left and then there will be no more. With DS, we just said 'okay, today we start wearing underpants'. There were a couple of accidents the first day or 2, but then after that, he was great! For night time, he wears QT Bunns (a WAHM-made trainer) b/c he will have little accidents before he wakes up to get to the potty. We call them night-time underpants, so he doesn't feel like he's got any diapers. Anyways, good luck!