Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
is there anything that fits like gro baby??

i love my gro baby cover, but after my 2 yr old wears it, it stinks like pee! akk! i love the fit - they are sooo trim! does anything fit like this with aplix?

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Re: is there anything that fits like gro baby??

Most covers will probably smell like pee, especially with a 2 year old. I noticed when my daughter turned 2 that her pee now has a different smell to it, so I always have to rinse out her night diapers or the whole house smells from the diaper pail. When I was using grobaby for naps and nights I had no problems with the cover smelling after the nap, but in the morning I HAD to put the cover for washing.

If you want to reuse the cover more often you can try changing the diaper more often so the pee doesn't have a chance to soak into the mesh much.
QHoneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
MegBee
Registered Users
seller

SoftBums will give you a great trim fit. And they have really good aplix
Old 03-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHoneyB View Post
Most covers will probably smell like pee, especially with a 2 year old. I noticed when my daughter turned 2 that her pee now has a different smell to it, so I always have to rinse out her night diapers or the whole house smells from the diaper pail. When I was using grobaby for naps and nights I had no problems with the cover smelling after the nap, but in the morning I HAD to put the cover for washing.

If you want to reuse the cover more often you can try changing the diaper more often so the pee doesn't have a chance to soak into the mesh much.
I have to agree. When my 4 YO wears cloth at night it knocks me over in the morning, and her diapers are brand new, so I KNOW it's just her pee.

I started hand washing the FLIP/Grobaby covers with a little hand soap that has tea tree oil in it and it helps a LOT in between regular washing.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have been using flip covers and i dont normally have a prob with pee smells. this is just for regular day use. i change every 2 hours which i think is pretty good. i wish toddler pee didnt stink so much! my 5 month old can use these over and over no prob!
Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
I started hand washing the FLIP/Grobaby covers with a little hand soap that has tea tree oil in it and it helps a LOT in between regular washing.