Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
bg organic aio vs gro baby?

if you have used both, which did you like best and why? which do you think will fit longest? are they both the same absorbency?

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 01:58 AM   #2
TakaraBaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: bg organic aio vs gro baby?

I used both dipes and I personally prefer the BG Organic. Seemed a little more absorbent and I liked the fit/elastic better on my DS - I think it also has a higher rise. That being said, I think the Gro Baby had more width around the waist area. I tried both diapers on my 3 year old daughter (before my DS was born and I was just sooooo antsy to cloth diaper anything that moved ) and the GroBaby seemed to fit a little better and not dig into her hip bones as much.

Unfortunately I can't compare side-by-side because I got rid of everything and replaced it all with Flips! Their organic insert is more absorbent that anything else I tried (esp. with a fleece-topped doubler for overnight) and I'm still on the medium snap settings - whereas I'm on the large snap settings for every other OS diaper.

Sorry for all the back-and-forth info but I HTH!!

TakaraBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks! i have flips, but the covers dont fit my 2 year old right and its driving me crazy! i love the gro baby covers so i thought maybe i should try the organics or gro baby with a soaker. (i use flats). i swear i will never be happy with one thing!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I liked the gro baby better. So an advanced search with gro baby in the thread title and a list will come up and you will see another thread that I posted pics of the 2 in. I can try to find it....

I liked the idea of the BG organic, but the fit of the gro baby. I had aplix on the gro baby and I just liked that better. The BG left red marks on my lo thighs and the rise was too short...but the rise is about the same with both dipes.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
*Summer*
Registered Users
seller

Out of the two I LOVE my BG Organics. They are trim, super absorbant, and very cute. I have Grobaby's and they are ok, but I definitely LOVE my BG Organics more. That said, I really like my Grobaby diapers for out of the house, and when we go out of town.
*Summer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

See, I thought my gro baby was trimmer than the BG...but I used a flat in mine and not the soakers it came with.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
*Summer*
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdossmann View Post
See, I thought my gro baby was trimmer than the BG...but I used a flat in mine and not the soakers it came with.
I might try that. They would definitely dry faster. What kind of flats do you use? Could prefolds trifolded in there work too?
*Summer* is offline   Reply With Quote