Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #21
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me the truth!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleleaf View Post
Nope, we never do it. Maybe for the 10 seconds it takes me to chase him down after a diaper change and he's crawling away before I could get the cover on, but that's it. I'm just too chicken that it'll snap or claw him!
Same situation. We have had days of chaos hwere I get her diaper on, she flips over and is off like a bat out of that one place, then the phone rings, doorbell rings, kids fighting, someone got hurt.. need to take care of the situation THEN chase the LO down to get a cover on her.

I have been Bit but not DD. Would like it to stay that way.

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #22
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used too, but we had an incident that ended up with blood and lots of tears... So no more coverless for us. I Cut off the bottom leg of the snappi and now we can go coverless, its that 3rd leg that is the problem for us, it never stays "snappied" and gets cought on EVERYTHING!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #23
caedmyn
Registered Users
seller

Yes. Not very often because we rarely go coverless, but every once in a while. My son is 15 months and very very active. Maybe I've just been lucky with them, but I've only been "bit" once and DS plays with loose snappis all the time and has never complained about them (and he's not a particularly "tough" child so he would complain if he was hurt!).
Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #24
momma4of6
Registered Users
seller

never knew snappies were so dangerous good to know tho
Old 03-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #25
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had no idea that snappis could cause so many problems. We have always gone coverless and no one or furniture for that matter has ever been hurt. But we won't do it anymore. How scary thanks for the info mamas.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #26
LissaLue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I walk on the wild side too.
DS goes coverless with snappis all the time at home. He sometimes gets them off. And I've had to clean up the mess a few times. And he's gotten cought on the couch once with them, but he had a crocheted wool cover on that time. I've never had it hurt me or him though. I guess because we know what to watch for. DH got it stuck on his shirt once. I was laughing at him though because he didn't know how he was stuck.

Mommy to 3 boys.
Mr.C - 10yrs, Big K - 5yrs, and little K - 2yrs
LissaLue is offline   Reply With Quote