Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #11
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MMR separate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy6703 View Post
I didn't know they could order it seperate ways. When I was checking into the ingredients and such in the MMR vaccine they gave me a package insert and that particular mmr vaccine certainly DID NOT come seperately. All 3 came in one vaccine. But being ds is on Medicaid and we do want vaxes so we are going with it.
The one you got did not, you're right. It's three vaccines in one bottle. But you CAN get them seperately, measles vaccine in a bottle, mumps in a bottle, and ruebella in a bottle. But for most, they are manufactured as one vaccine. They don't send them as three vaccines and them combine them in the needle. Some come as three seperates and would take three seperate needles. kwim?

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2007, 07:48 PM   #12
Amanda2319
Registered Users

My Mood:

I asked my pedi a few years ago if they can order separate MMR for my children, and he said he can, but won't. I delayed with DD#2, and will probably skip it for Cassie unless something changes.

Amanda2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #13
jamzmom
Registered Users
Formerly: mazmom
seller
seller

My Mood:

nak..

i am a RN a a peds office. you CAN order them seperately. they each require a presciption. you may need to call around pharmacies, not all will carry it. we only have one pharmacy here that will do it. you can always have the pharmacist administer it too, if your dr. doesn't want to mess with it.

good luck
jamzmom is offline   Reply With Quote