Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #291
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: New Year’s Budget/Debt Free/Financial Goals Chat

It's not actually a lot for what we're getting, a 2800 sq ft house on 5 acres. We just don't make a lot right now so the payment is a bit overwhelming. (Husband is in school for a new career, but it may be a couple of years before that starts paying off.) I just called around this morning, and it turns out that NO apartment complexes where I live have more than 3 bd apartments, and the law is no more than 2 people per bedroom. So we have to look for a private rental, basically. And those (for less than we already are paying) are few and far between. Sigh.

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2018, 06:14 AM   #292
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
It's not actually a lot for what we're getting, a 2800 sq ft house on 5 acres. We just don't make a lot right now so the payment is a bit overwhelming. (Husband is in school for a new career, but it may be a couple of years before that starts paying off.) I just called around this morning, and it turns out that NO apartment complexes where I live have more than 3 bd apartments, and the law is no more than 2 people per bedroom. So we have to look for a private rental, basically. And those (for less than we already are paying) are few and far between. Sigh.
We considered renting where we are now until we saw the rental prices. That's about what we would have to pay here in rent for our family size. So we ended up buying sooner than anticipated.

Nice that you are making some progress even with the rent payment being what it is and career change.

So we've been doing much better on grocery expenses and other costs like electricity. That has taken the pressure off dh a bit although the sudden roof repair was a set back.

So I found another benefit to a wholesale club. I'm making less trips to store which reduces my food impulse shopping. I'm not an impulse shopper at wholesale places because I don't want to come home with massive sizes of random things.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #293
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

That's FANTASTIC JEN!!! A big congratulations!!!!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote