Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #1
elated
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Massive hunger/growth spur at week 21. Anyone else?

I'm just entering the 21st week and I seem to be experiencing a massive growth spur (or the baby rather). Curious how others are doing

In my first trimester I had lost about 5 lbs from being nauseous. Few wks into the 2nd trimester I still had food aversions (and would get nauseous if I ate more than a fistful) and my hunger hadn't kicked in yet so it took a while to gain back some of that weight. But it looks like in the past wk my hunger has kicked in (I'm hungry every 2 hrs), it's hard to regulate how much I eat now (I just want to keep eating; and want to eat everything that's in front of me) and I've gained 5lbs in just 1 wk (in addition to having gained back the 5 I had lost; though that was over a few wks).

I went from week 20 where I wasn't really showing to 1 wk later and people are wanting to rub my tummy. Heh.

Will it be like this for the rest of the 5 months? I'm going to get really huge if my hunger stays this way!

Advertisement

elated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:34 AM   #2
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Massive hunger/growth spur at week 21. Anyone else?

I dunno- I just feel fat regardless lol but it's possible. I'm super hungry too though Its a nice change from the food aversions.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh my goodness my belly just got so round and I'm right at 21 weeks!! ever since I got a reasonable appetite back I eat everything in sight... All day. Honestly if I don't eat all the time I start to feel sick again. Lol
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
I'm almost 25 weeks so a bit farther and I am one of those lucky (probably annoying) ladies who doesn't get any morning sickness so I am hungry quite a bit but I think I don't go through such a noticeable period of hunger because I never lose my appetite in the beginning (if that makes sense).

Now, a week into breast feeding and I will feel like I am starving to death 10 minutes after I eat. It's ridiculous.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby
I'm almost 25 weeks so a bit farther and I am one of those lucky (probably annoying) ladies who doesn't get any morning sickness so I am hungry quite a bit but I think I don't go through such a noticeable period of hunger because I never lose my appetite in the beginning (if that makes sense). Now, a week into breast feeding and I will feel like I am starving to death 10 minutes after I eat. It's ridiculous.
Totally annoying!!! that makes a lot of sense. I lost 5 lbs the first 10 weeks or so and then after I stopped puking and started being able to eat a meal or two a day I gained 15 lbs in one month!!! I *hope* it was just a lot of fluids I had lost from being sick. I was shocked!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't gain the first tri either. Then around 18 weeks I started being able to eat normal food again (still a little sick but not bad) and I've gained 9 lbs between then and week 20 1/2 when I went to the DR. Now I'm just past 21 and I'm STARVING! I've started tracking my food with My fitness pal again just to make sure I'm not TOTALLY over eating. I set my calories very high and I'm shocked at how often I go over it, but it's because of poor food choices. Tracking really helps me make better food choices because I can see it. I'm hoping this will keep me making wise food choices. But I am certainly eating plenty!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #7
elated
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been debating tracking my food. My doc advised me not to weigh myself and to not be weight conscious (he's got this whole no fear thing and is very lax about alot of stuff), so I've just been trying to consciously eat healthy without having to track my food, but I'm tempted because I don't want to overdo it.

I try and make sure there are healthy snacks around me at all times, so when I get hungry I'm grabbing nuts or fruit.
elated is offline   Reply With Quote