Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #1
mamadurf
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nursery Organization

How do you all organize your home/nursery for baby? Debating on changing table and nursery organization now. We have a lot more diapers this time around so I'm leaning towards a changing table, even though we rarely used it with DS1 other than to hold his clothes. We also lived in a studio back then and have much more space now.

Baby storage for both diapers and clothes will be in the room he'll eventually share with DS. There are two large closets in there, one for each of them. This baby has a super large diaper stash as compared to DS1 who had 1 basket of diapers. So if we don't do changing table with organizing baskets underneath like last time here's what I'm looking at:

Option 1: Large Closet Organizer

or this one might be better since shelves are in the middle:

Option 2: Storage cubes

We have the long wall of the bedroom lined with these and that's where DS stores all his toys and books. One of them was supposed to be reserved for baby stuff but his stuff has sprawled onto it and will need to be culled back before baby. We could fit 2 of them in the closet to use with or without baskets and still have a full curtain rod and shelf above.

Option 3: Hanging Storage Organizer

or

Any votes, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursery Organization

Personally, Id have the diapers out of the closet UNLESS your closet doesnt have doors and theyd be very easy to grab. Otherwise, I cant imaging myself opening a closet doo every time I needed a diaper.
Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
mamadurf
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellx1 View Post
Personally, Id have the diapers out of the closet UNLESS your closet doesnt have doors and theyd be very easy to grab. Otherwise, I cant imaging myself opening a closet doo every time I needed a diaper.
We have a very clawy new cat that I want to keep off of and away from diapers so they'll either be organized in the closet or in bins on the wall cubes, I think. The door to the boys' room is closed to keep her out as is so a closet door is no more annoying than the bedroom door. They do make those over the door hanging diaper stackers that could work too. DS keeps his closet door open so we may do the same with this one. Diapers are currently in the locked closet in clean laundry baskets until I figure out what I'm doing with the space. Thinking of reorganizing DS's room all together to better fit changing table over by the window though. I told hubby I wanted to re-arrange our bedroom furniture this evening too without really thinking it through all the way so we ended up not moving anything at all.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have a changing table/dresser combo that I'll use. The diapers go in baskets directly below the changing table portion, and then below that is two dresser draws fro clothing. It's this one, but I'm certain we didn't pay nearly that much 4 years ago, probably was near $100 or something.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/South-Shor...resso/15105889

That was the only furniture we bought with my first as we lived with my MIL and she was in our bedroom. This time we're doing a nursery, so I'll use that again with the diapers in baskets and then I do kind of want to find a square cube storage unit like you showed for the room for toys, blankets etc. We have one in the playroom and I like it. I'll try to find a used one first though...

The nursery has two closets in it, but I generally don't use closets much for baby/children items, in my daughter's room the only thing in there are her dresses and storage containers of the next size up of her clothing. I just find the clothing items are so small, and I'm not spending more on organization right now. But if I were to use them I think I'd do something like the first one you showed. I have a few of the hanging organizers from IKEA but I find it so hard to fold things into them, mine always end up a mess lol

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Visit my blog where I post kid friendly crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways and more! Sequins and Scribbles

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:59 AM   #5
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

at the moment our diapers are stored in a bin under the loveseat in our living room. But my sister has a changing table she has no use for that she's giving me so I plan to put that in the living room. I rarely change diapers upstairs but I do keep a few up there for middle of the night changes but I just change right on my bed.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:37 AM   #6
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just bought this to use as our changing station.

I'm going to get a changing pad for the top and we can use the shelves with baskets for blankets, diapers, burp clothes, etc....
We were going to get a changing table but I decided it's really only useful for the first year and I really dont change my kids there anyways. This cube organizer I can use it even after baby is out of diapers.
We also have a 3 drawer chest of drawers for clothes.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:19 PM   #7
mamadurf
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiki View Post
We have a changing table/dresser combo that I'll use. The diapers go in baskets directly below the changing table portion, and then below that is two dresser draws fro clothing. It's this one, but I'm certain we didn't pay nearly that much 4 years ago, probably was near $100 or something.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/South-Shor...resso/15105889

That was the only furniture we bought with my first as we lived with my MIL and she was in our bedroom. This time we're doing a nursery, so I'll use that again with the diapers in baskets and then I do kind of want to find a square cube storage unit like you showed for the room for toys, blankets etc. We have one in the playroom and I like it. I'll try to find a used one first though...

The nursery has two closets in it, but I generally don't use closets much for baby/children items, in my daughter's room the only thing in there are her dresses and storage containers of the next size up of her clothing. I just find the clothing items are so small, and I'm not spending more on organization right now. But if I were to use them I think I'd do something like the first one you showed. I have a few of the hanging organizers from IKEA but I find it so hard to fold things into them, mine always end up a mess lol
That's a cute table. I was eyeing the reviews on similar ones on Amazon last week. DH saw the semi-disarray the baby stuff is in when he went to go put in some onesies he'd ordered into the closet today. He said he opened the door and diapers fell out lol. So now we're going to get that center shelf closet organizer from the OP this week (the cubes can be made into drawers) and I can better organize the baby's stuff until we get a changing table, which I think we might do now. Our cube shelves aren't deep enough to change on top of but I got a sweet clearance deal for a minky roll-up changing pad on etsy this week so we can use that wherever, or just a receiving blanket.