Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question about announcing

I am now 14.5 weeks. I have told a few friends that I am pregnant but have not announced. I thought about doing it on April Fool's Day but now that I am getting closer to it, I am not sure I want to announce at all.

When I was pregnant with DS2 (#3), I was basically ignored by mostly everyone on FB. Even in real life my "friends" didn't care (none came to my "After I had the" baby shower). I just don't feel the need to tell anyone this time. No one cared before (yes even my family) so I just don't want to announce it.

I am sad that barely anyone in my life has really been happy that I was having a baby. I have never had a real baby shower or had anyone gush over me being pregnant. I have cut a lot of the people out of my life that have ignored me but it still hurts. The more I think about it I just want to post a picture of the baby once it's born.

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have not posted anything about this pregnancy since I posted my announcement and not a single family member congratulated me and the only family member who said anything was rude. I see and talk to my friends on a regular basis so they know whats going on. Sometimes people suck and they're not worth giving info to.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #3
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about announcing

I will not be making an official "announcement" this time around. With my first, I was on facebook and did a little write-up on my blog, and I did the same for my second. For #3, I simply did a little announcement on my blog. We miscarried last year, and this time around I don't want anyone finding out! I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow, only a few people know, and I won't be telling ANYONE else. Even if we hadn't miscarried, the mixed reactions and bringing it up can be awkward (last time family didn't even seem excited), so people will just have to figure it out on their own. I'm over trying to make it special for everyone! We're just happy keeping this little secret in our family and with a few close friends.
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote