Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby

Well, Erin is pregnant with baby #6 I believe, Ashley is on number 3 (and I don't think her others are very old), MrsAsh is on #4 and they are all boys, and I'm also on #4 and I have big genders and saved clothes from each gender AND I have 2 kids still in diapers (one full time and one just overnight). SO most of us probably aren't so much far along with our shopping, rather we just have less shopping to do in general
Yep! I've literally saved just about everything knowing that we'll be having a bigger family. I don't need to buy a single piece of baby clothing because I have everything already.. Though just because I don't NEED to doesn't mean I WON'T .

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #12
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shopping Lists Anyone?

Lol we actually gave all our baby stuff away since we moved last April- all except the crib BUT I don't feel like we have to buy every baby thing out there cause we've found already what we like and use with our family too .

I'm dying to shop but still waiting on our old van to sell so Ill have $$.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #13
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

We're moving this week and so I'll finally be able to start shopping! First I'll have to find where all the old clothes were packed and then sort through them, but I'm really looking forward to organizing all the baby stuff, getting rid of not-needed things and picking up what I want! There seem to be a bunch of mom-to-mom sales in our new area, and of course rummage sale season is starting up so soon....
Old 03-19-2014, 11:48 PM   #14
munchkin_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We still have most all of our baby stuff since DD is 12 months old as of a couple weeks ago. However, this one is a boy, so we will need at least a few blue things rather than just green or yellow. DD has been in a convertible carseat for the last 3-4 months and we kept the bucket seat. We have a convertible seat for both vehicles and the bucket, so we are good to go with that. We do need a double jogging stroller and we want to do a mini crib this time around with a naturepedic mattress. We just mattress wrap with DD's mattress, but since the mini cribs are smaller, the mattresses are cheaper
munchkin_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #15
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We just got a load of baby things from a mom at my son school. My youngest is only 2.5 but we gave everything away as she outgrew it. Lol!

Here's what we have for now:
- small travel swing (love how compact this is- my older kids had huge swings)
- bumbo seat
- nursing pillow
- baby carrier (Ergo- I did manage to hang onto this from my other kids, thankfully)
- a few outfits and sweet little loveys I have purchased during pregnancy
- blankets (also saved these)
- diapers (some I saved and I've made a few too!)
- mama cloth

Things we need:
- car seat
- stroller
- pack n play which we plan to use as a crib (two friends offered to buy this for us!)
- newborn and 0-3 month clothes (I have a few older things 6-9-12 month but not much tiny... So excited to shop/sew/knit for baby!)

Hmmm... What else?
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby
My list is very short and only one thing on it is an actual *need* Carseat (need) Woven wrap Arms reach cosleeper We have several carriers and I have a cradle but I would like to sell it and et the cosleeper. I am going to get a maxi skirt or 2 I think but those are for during pregnancy and beyond. I AM going to be making some diapers so that is on my to do list too
A sweet baby wearing family member of mine offered to buy a sling or wrap for me... What kind of wrap will you get? Seems like woven ones are very versatile and can be used a long time! I had a moby before but gave it away and it was so stretchy my heavy baby didn't use it too long!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #17
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell
Lol we actually gave all our baby stuff away since we moved last April- all except the crib BUT I don't feel like we have to buy every baby thing out there cause we've found already what we like and use with our family too . I'm dying to shop but still waiting on our old van to sell so Ill have $$.
I feel this way too, even though we gave everything away I don't feel like we *need* nearly as much as we did with our other babies. Keeping it simple (sort of )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsMom
We're moving this week and so I'll finally be able to start shopping! First I'll have to find where all the old clothes were packed and then sort through them, but I'm really looking forward to organizing all the baby stuff, getting rid of not-needed things and picking up what I want! There seem to be a bunch of mom-to-mom sales in our new area, and of course rummage sale season is starting up so soon....
Oh I do hope your move went smoothly!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #18
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean

A sweet baby wearing family member of mine offered to buy a sling or wrap for me... What kind of wrap will you get? Seems like woven ones are very versatile and can be used a long time! I had a moby before but gave it away and it was so stretchy my heavy baby didn't use it too long!
I have a Moby style wrap and I love it for the first few months but I have chunky babies so it is a short term carrier. I also have a gauze wrap for the really hot summer days but I want a nice woven wrap. I think I really want a girasol (one of the rainbows, not particular as to which). I know there are even nice woven wraps but they would be even more outside of my price range and I think the girasol would be a good place to start. I also have to invest in a toddler Tula which is a huge chunk of change so that also factors into the decision. I still wear my 5 year old occasionally and I wear my 2 1/2 year old regularly and she is just getting to big for the ergo.

I also have as I just said, an ergo, 2 mei tais, and a maya wrap ring sling so I have several carriers but he woven wrap is the one I covet