Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

Written your birth plan yet?

Have any of you mamas written your birth plan yet? I'm starting on mine today!

What are you including in your birth plan, and where's it happening? Mine is (if all goes well) a natural hospital birth with a CNM.

Advertisement

MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Megustaelisha
Registered Users

Re: Written your birth plan yet?

I haven't gotten started yet even though I have most of it in my head. If all goes as planned I'll be at a freestanding birth center with a CNM squatting this baby out or in the tub haha. I really only need a birth plan in case I'm transferred for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Megustaelisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a birth plan typed up from my last baby that I feel sure will be similar to what I want this time... For me the purpose of the birth plan is to let my provider know what I want but also to help me really think about what I want and explore my options. Last time my doula and I developed it together so she was really aware of what I wanted and pointed out anything I may have missed.

I'm hoping for a natural birth at a hospital with a CNM. That's what I had with my last baby. I was so surprised how well it went and I'm hoping that things go as well this time! I'm only disappointed that I can't have the same doula (a friend) because she's pregnant and due only 6 days before me!!

I included every little detail I could think of! For example, no meds, no IV, being able to labor and birth in any position I choose, being able to eat and drink, only having my husband and doula present (and the midwife/nurses, of course)... all the way down to no circumcision if baby had been a boy and also that I wanted to delay cord clamping and give my baby her first bath (I didn't get to do the bath in the excitement afterwards, but I'm going to this time!!!)

OP -- what's in your plan?
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #4
MamaMuffin
Registered Users
seller

Similar to yours! Natural birth in a hospital with a CNM> All the same plans as yours, except that I plan on getting an IV... I didn't have one with my daughter and no one (including me) noticed that I had gotten badly dehydrated until I tried to stand up after giving birth and went ka-pooey on the floor. XD I don't think I can drink enough fluids to get me all the way through labor so I'm going for the IV this time.
MamaMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #5
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

I'm similar to justineybean - I'll probably use my birth plan from last time. But we'll be at a different hospital & with a different practice, and probably without a doula this time so I have a lot of questions for my midwife before I take a look at what I have written. My plan is a natural birth in a hospital with a CNM, too! I'm really excited to be working with midwives this time around.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have never written a birth plan. With my first pregnancy I had this idea of how it would go and everything went upside down and I had zero control. I don't think a birth plan could have saved that!!

This will be my 4th hbac, my plan is to birth at home (obviously!) with my midwife and DH there. Everything else I'm leaving to how I feel in the moment. My mw and I have a good history and we have talked about my past births and what I thought worked and what didn't. If I had to change one thing this time I want to wait longer to cut the cord. Til the placenta is delivered would be ideal!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #7
munchkin_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have one written up yet, but I've been thinking about it. This time (#2) we are going to be at a hospital with a CNM. With DD we were at a free standing birth center with a MW. I plan to have no meds or IV, be able to eat and drink, labor in the tub with water that is warm to me, no extra people in and out, baby doesn't leave my room other than in a medical emergency, no eye ointment for baby, no Hep b shot for baby, and no nurses/CNA's doing their shift change vitals when I'm sleeping. I'm a CNA (current license, but staying home with DD), so I understand the shift change vital recording, but if I'm sleeping---don't even think about it!
munchkin_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 AM   #8
Stasia
Registered Users
seller

Wow! This is an interesting thread! Makes me wish I wouldn't stay away from DS for several months, be obsessed for a month, then repeat!

My unrecorded birth plan: at home with CNM. Water birth. Mom and MIL are invited to attend, although being in the water I fully expect them not to see anything. My husband just asked the CNM this week if he could be the one who actually delivers the baby- which I didn't realize he had been wondering!

I definitely plan to eat and drink (r they nuts?! I need refueling!). We haven't decided on timing of cord clamping, I understand there's pros to both sides.

I am a little anxious about our mothers being there, but I think once it became possible for me to not be in stirrups and be in my own positions (with a birth skirt I found on etsy) it became a nice gesture to invite them (even though they're nervous about homebirth)

I'm definitely aiming for peaceful, relaxing, quiet, solemn. and hopefully I won't be a bear to keep it that way! hahaha

Husband will be in birthing tub with me- which is really nice. I can lean on him, sleep on him, etc. very thankful that he's willing to do that for me, even amidst unmentionable fluids- haha.

Last edited by Stasia; 04-02-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Stasia is offline   Reply With Quote