Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2015, 08:48 AM   #11
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: August 2015 Spring Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWIFE87 View Post
Lol! I'm afraid of the nipple pain when nursing a newbie. OUCH!!!!
Oh golly yes! The nipple pain the first week is awful. I remember with both kids everytime they latched on I would grit my teeth and breath funny. Hubby always said I looked like it was painful. I was like uh yeah, because it is! I can understand why so many people give up on breastfeeding the first few weeks. I love the benefits of it and the cheapness, lol, so I power through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiki View Post
I washed the swaddle fabric from Joanns and it got softer, it seems like if I were to use it and wash it would work just fine! I realized my other swaddlers I got from another mama are bamboo, that must be why they're so silky soft! Totally new to this so I had no idea lol
What was it called at Joanns? Was it gauze?

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #12
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Oh golly yes! The nipple pain the first week is awful. I remember with both kids everytime they latched on I would grit my teeth and breath funny. Hubby always said I looked like it was painful. I was like uh yeah, because it is! I can understand why so many people give up on breastfeeding the first few weeks. I love the benefits of it and the cheapness, lol, so I power through.

What was it called at Joanns? Was it gauze?
Yeah, you can search their website too to see them, that one was called gauze, and the slightly thicker weave ones were called swaddle cloth

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Visit my blog where I post kid friendly crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways and more! Sequins and Scribbles

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #13
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWIFE87 View Post
I used one with DS1 and was pressured to stop because the "nipple confusion" thing. Which is so irritating. I would have stuck it out with a shield. And I will use one this time at least in the early weeks. I think they're great! Makes nursing a breeze!!!
I never had to use one but my cousin did and said it made nursing so much harder. She nursed for 3 months I think then gave up because of the shield. What makes it so hard to nurse with them?

Quote:
Yeah, you can search their website too to see them, that one was called gauze, and the slightly thicker weave ones were called swaddle cloth
I'll have to look. My first stop after finding out gender is going to be the fabric store. Lol. So many projects!!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #14
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I never had to use one but my cousin did and said it made nursing so much harder. She nursed for 3 months I think then gave up because of the shield. What makes it so hard to nurse with them?

I'll have to look. My first stop after finding out gender is going to be the fabric store. Lol. So many projects!!
That doesn't really make much sense... I used it for 11 months lol. It's a tiny bit more of a hassle because depending on baby they might not latch without it, and you need to put it on before nursing, but other than that it's not hard to use... There are different sizes, depending on your nip size, perhaps she had the wrong size, and then it is painful. The hospital gave me too small of one, but I just bought a bigger one at BRU

Visit my blog where I post kid friendly crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways and more! Sequins and Scribbles

Last edited by Keiki; 03-07-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:58 PM   #15
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I never had to use one but my cousin did and said it made nursing so much harder. She nursed for 3 months I think then gave up because of the shield. What makes it so hard to nurse with them??

I'm not exactly sure what her problem could've been. It worked great and made nursing my baby feasible. But I became tired of having to clean it. The LC at the hospital gave me one, not sure what brand or size, but she told me to wash it after every feeding. Being a first time mom, I was very vigilant about it. That was so annoying and just added to the list of the many things you have to do with a newborn, and ds1 had jaundice so once he got over it, he ate every hour. That was so much! If my head was a pimple, it would have exploded. Lol
Old 03-07-2015, 07:08 PM   #16
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was not always the best at cleaning mine, we never had an issue though. Everything I had read online was so anti-shield, but being as I kind of dislike nursing, I kept using it because I didn't want to worry about her latch and pain. We never had a supply issue or whatever they warn of. I'm going to try not to use it this time, but mostly just because it's easier not to need it. It'd be harder to NIP if you have to pop the shield on first lol

Old 03-08-2015, 07:58 AM   #17
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I was not always the best at cleaning mine, we never had an issue though. Everything I had read online was so anti-shield, but being as I kind of dislike nursing, I kept using it because I didn't want to worry about her latch and pain. We never had a supply issue or whatever they warn of. I'm going to try not to use it this time, but mostly just because it's easier not to need it. It'd be harder to NIP if you have to pop the shield on first lol

No worries! I told myself if I use it this time, who cares if I clean it. Lol! I won't stress myself out about it. It's breast milk.. Not cows milk. The antibodies should keep it from getting really nasty with bacteria. At least that's my theory.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #18
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning! My anxiety and worry is so bad this pregnancy. I sure hope it goes away soon :-(
Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #19
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
Good morning! My anxiety and worry is so bad this pregnancy. I sure hope it goes away soon :-(
Oh no, I'm sorry, what are you anxious about? Anything in particular? I was pretty worried about things earlier on, but in some ways I guess I'm lucky in that I've had so many u/s that it put my mind at ease to see the baby so often. It really is hard though when you're worrying about things.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #20
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have no idea why she ended up stopping then but she just said the nipple shield made it so much harder and she gave up. She didnt offer many details and I didnt want to ask. I know she was struggling with having to be dairy free because her baby was having trouble with is so it may have been she just was tired of it all and used the nipple shield as her out? I dont know.

Pregnancy dreams are here in full force. I always dream so weird when i'm pregnant. Last night hubby said I woke up one time gasping for breath, I dont remember what I was dreaming but it must have been awful.

Lisa, my anxiety has been pretty high as well. For some reason this pregnancy I feel on edge more. I worried for a while about the baby since I had some spotting at first. Now I worry a little about labor and delivery since my labors go so fast and I'm 45 minutes from my hospital. Plus my first birth I tore majorly, my 2nd wasnt as bad but just reliving the moments and I'm wondering if I can really do this again. I know it's normal and once labor starts my body will just kick in but its hard not to worry sometimes.