Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #21
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2015 Spring Chat Thread

I'm happy I found out the sex, I was at Goodwill today and found the cutest little Robeez patent shoes that didn't even look worn for $3, a mouse hat for $1, and pink Tommee Tippee bottles still NIP for $5. My last one didn't take bottles, but we just used the medela ones that came with the pump, so I figured I'd try these for if grandma has to babysit.

Advertisement

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Visit my blog where I post kid friendly crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways and more! Sequins and Scribbles

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #22
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
August 2015 Spring Chat Thread

I'm sorry about your anxiety Lisa! I feel anxious this time too, although this is my third (along with a couple other gals) and this one is your 8th? Sorry if that's wrong. My friend is currently newly pregnant with her 9th and she is always anxious about certain things pertaining to age (she's 36) and to the health of her uterus and what not. Hugs to you!!

Mrscompgeek- it sounds like an excuse but I'm not judging. I quit nursing my first for SO many reasons. I hated it. And hated it for the most part with my second as well (his health was bad for the first year, made nursing him very difficult). Praying this one is better or I'll just pump and pass baby on to daddy LOL. I'm not going to stress it. Either it'll work or it won't.

I bought boy stuff at The Children's Place yesterday. A few zip-up newborn jammies. I love the thin zip-up kind and always snatch them up when I can. they were $1.49 each and a cute pair of shoes for $3. I'm almost positive this baby will be a boy, but if not, I have friends due around the same time as me that will get a nice shower gift of all the boys stuff in hoarding.

Last edited by AFWIFE87; 03-08-2015 at 05:04 PM.
AFWIFE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #23
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

I quit breast feeding with DS after 4 days. I hated it. He wanted to nurse constantly and I was in so much pain. No lactation consultant or nurse in the hospital tried to help. One nurse came in and told me he was latching wrong and then walked out. He was born on a Thursday and I broke down on Monday evening. Called my mom sobbing. She came to stay the night with us. Fed him formula all night long and we never looked back. It had gotten to the point that I hated feeding him and hated when he cried to eat. Looking back had I continued I think it would have led to bigger issues like PPD for me. I tried to pump, but never got more than 2-4 ounces per day and that was pumping 8-10 times per day. When I would feed him the 2 ounces of pumped milk I would still have to feed him 2 ounces of formula or he wasn't satisfied. I will attempt breast feeding again this time, but will not feel guilty when I switch to formula. There is really no way for me to make pumping at work work with my schedule so the most we would get is 6 weeks.
busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:34 AM   #24
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiki View Post
Oh no, I'm sorry, what are you anxious about? Anything in particular? I was pretty worried about things earlier on, but in some ways I guess I'm lucky in that I've had so many u/s that it put my mind at ease to see the baby so often. It really is hard though when you're worrying about things.
Any little nothing.....I'll turn it into a huge irrational worry I my mind for days.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:01 AM   #25
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Spring is coming!! Our weather is going to be in the mid-50's to low 60's eek!!

Now to get use to Daylight Savings.. Lol
Old 03-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #26
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWIFE87 View Post

Here too!!! 40s and 50s all week. Seems like a heatwave!

My body is not liking daylight savings. Not one bit! My body says 7am, my kids say 8. Lol.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #27
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

so excited for the warmer temps! We went for walks both days this weekend, although now I've noticed if I do extended walking my hips hurt. blah. I still haven't adjusted to the time either. Uggg so tired this morning...

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Visit my blog where I post kid friendly crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways and more! Sequins and Scribbles

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #28
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiki View Post
so excited for the warmer temps! We went for walks both days this weekend, although now I've noticed if I do extended walking my hips hurt. blah. I still haven't adjusted to the time either. Uggg so tired this morning...

I am having a terrible time with my back and hips this time. I wasnt sure if it's because I'm older this pregnancy or if the 3rd pregnancy is just doing a number on me. I could not get comfortable in bed last night. Its too early in pregnancy to be uncomfortable already!
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #29
bellx1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWIFE87 View Post

Its going to be near 90 by friday...I think we skipped a season.

This is actually bad for us because we should get around 11 inches of rain per year. 2013 we got about 3 inches, Last year we got 5in, this year 7in... so needless to say, warm and dry is not looking good right now.
Expecting #4 August 2015
bellx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #30
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My back has been hurting this pregnancy too! I thought there is no way I'm to old/out of shape/unhealthy for this, but #3 sure is a lot harder than the other two.

Everyone tells me, "the third one is a wild card." Has anyone else heard of this? Then of course I hear the labor stories that their third was longer than the others. Ugh

Bellx that sounds like you did skip a season lol but oh man what I would give for 90 degrees. I'm a summer girl. Don't get me wrong, I like the Fall and cooler weather, but I enjoy the sun SO much more!!