Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #11
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Re: August 2016 July Chat

Looks like we're all doing well. I forgot a baby book. I probably won't write much in it, but like it for their first foot prints, etc..I'm going to get on Amazon later and look for one as I don't have time to go look. Only 18 more days for me.

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2016, 12:28 PM   #12
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dh & I hit the Target sale this week and bought 4 cases of diapers since our washer is on the fritz and we can't get a new one until after my 6 week pp check up because no one will deliver and install due to a very tight space. We also got 3 tubs of formula. With that purchase we received a total of $50 in gift cards back. Then we used those gift cards for 2 more cases of diapers and got $10 more back in giftcards that we used for wipes. So we ended up it 6 cases of diapers, 3 tubs of formula and 1 case of wipes for $153. I did use coupons on the diapers and formula too.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #13
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

That's great Melanie, great deals!
Old 07-09-2016, 10:39 PM   #14
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Last night I remembered that I told the kids we could do a new crib bedding in Superheroes if it looked like we would have enough time.
So, today we took advantage of JoAnn's sales and coupons and picked up stuff to do just that!
Now I don't feel like I am forgetting anything! Yay!
Old 07-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #15
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Super hero's will be cute.

My littlest and DH picked Dumbo. We got the bedding, mobile, switch covers, and some retro looking posters.

Going to try and finish packing my bags today!
Old 07-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #16
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm planning to finish packing my bags tomorrow. I've been doing little bits here and there while the inlaws have been visiting, without neglecting spending time with them. MIL & FIL are going home tomorrow, so it will be game on for getting everything prepped, while also prepping the boys for Scout camp for the following week.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #17
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The bedding that you both are doing sounds cute. I haven't picked out any yet and won't until we paint and carpet what will eventually be the babies room. My son is moving in to the spare room and that needs painting and heat and ac work done before he can move. I keep meaning to get a hospital bag started but then life takes over. I have a few more embroidery projects to get done today.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #18
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are doing the same crib bedding that DD had. They will be sharing a room (once baby is out of our room) and she still has the wall hangings and stuff from her crib set, so I figured they could just share a room in the same design. It was also surprising that Babies-R-Us still sells that set 6 years later! I haven't bought the stuff yet though. Focused on stuff we actually need right away.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:24 AM   #19
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a backpack style diaper bag mostly because it had a really cool wipes pocket and I can use it while baby wearing.

I also have a couple 31 bags that will be suitable when we take the stroller out.

Started prodromal labour last night unfortunately. I did have it with my second so I was half expecting it to happen again anyway. After about four hours of contractions 2-4 min apart and seeing how I wasn't dilating or progressing at all I was sent home to have a half glass of wine and gravol. Worked like a charm and I passed right out, however, I'm not really allowed to move much now :/

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #20
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Had an u/s appt. as well as a midwife appt. Tuesday, all appears well.
Did our hospital tour tonight, we now know where the ice machine is, as that is very important! HA!
Seriously though, I've had to deliver in a hospital when I didn't know where anything was, everything else works out just fine. But when neither you or your birthing partner have no idea where to get the ice, UGH!!
Baby's clothes are washed, my bags are packed and in the van.
By the perinatal docs dates, I am past the 36 wk point, by my NFP chart, I am two days shy of 38 wks.
We are ready to go when he is!
eta: the car seat is also installed in the van, DH & the boys are going to Scout Camp for the whole week this Saturday, so, we completely expect baby to come during that time! My mom and 19 y/o DD will be here, so at least I will have company at the hospital!

Last edited by scrapandsewon; 07-13-2016 at 08:50 PM. Reason: edit to add
scrapandsewon is offline   Reply With Quote