Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #11
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2016 August Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmama24 View Post
I was so confused as to whether my water broke this time! I have never had it rupture on its own before. It wasn't like people say. It felt like a little bubble of fluid not a pop or a gush. It left maybe a half dollar size wet spot. Then about 10 min later the same thing etc, etc. when I got to L&D the first sample showed inconclusive but as the nurse was walking away I had another small bubble and it was just enough for a true positive. It turns out I ruptured on top not on the bottom like most people. So after that long story, I'd have it checked if I were you.
This is what I am questioning. I just can't tell because they are very little gushes of fluid. The feeling is similar to when you feel a small gush of blood during your period. I always had my water pop before. #1 was during pushing, #2 was an hour before she was born, #3 was broken by the OB while i was pushing. I could feel and hear the pop with them and then felt a torrent of fluid. So this odd now and again like 1 tsp to 1 tbsp of fluid at a time is just confusing. Especially because the information out there is conflicting.

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:32 PM   #12
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05 View Post
This is what I am questioning. I just can't tell because they are very little gushes of fluid. The feeling is similar to when you feel a small gush of blood during your period. I always had my water pop before. #1 was during pushing, #2 was an hour before she was born, #3 was broken by the OB while i was pushing. I could feel and hear the pop with them and then felt a torrent of fluid. So this odd now and again like 1 tsp to 1 tbsp of fluid at a time is just confusing. Especially because the information out there is conflicting.
Two out of three times my waters leaked, there was no huge gush. Often just felt like a bladder leak from baby pushing on my bladder. Best to get checked though. If it's a rupture, yes it will continue to make new fluids but there's an increase risk of infection as time goes on. That and you're still early.

'All Bugged Out' stuffed bug pattern! Now available to purchase at You Can Make This!
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #13
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05
The feeling of a small gush of blood is exactly how this felt! Go get checked. I was on the fence because I actually felt stupid with this being my 5th child and not knowing what it was.
Rockinmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #14
scrapandsewon
Registered Users

My Mood:

Gydeon is here! Born at 5:03 am, August 3, 9 lbs and 21 inches ❤️❤️❤️
Old 08-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #15
xraymom23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapandsewon View Post
Gydeon is here! Born at 5:03 am, August 3, 9 lbs and 21 inches ❤️❤️❤️

Yeah!! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2016, 07:24 PM   #16
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations Nichole!!!
Old 08-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #17
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Dagny- Any updates? I've never had my water break. It's always been broke at the hospital after being induced..but I've heard it can just slept of dribble/drip.

Morgan is 13 days today. He's such a good baby! I'm taking him for a weight check tomorrow.

Who else is waiting for their baby to be born? I think once the last baby is born, we should start a new thread. It would be fun to keep up with each other.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:05 PM   #18
coater83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations Nichole! Welcome Gydeon!

We are still waiting on our kiddo to make his/her appearance. Due date is 8/26 (I'm 36+5 today), but since this is our first baby/pregnancy...there is a possibility we have a September baby... Keeping my fingers crossed we don't go that late!
coater83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:21 PM   #19
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
Dagny- Any updates? I've never had my water break. It's always been broke at the hospital after being induced..but I've heard it can just slept of dribble/drip.

Morgan is 13 days today. He's such a good baby! I'm taking him for a weight check tomorrow.

Who else is waiting for their baby to be born? I think once the last baby is born, we should start a new thread. It would be fun to keep up with each other.
The leaky feeling stopped in the middle of the night. Now I am dealing with an external hemorrhoid. I have had fissures before but this HURTS.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #20
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're still waiting. 37w1d. Woke up last night from what I guess was round ligament pain, but it stayed sore today. Now I've just felt generally kind of sick all day. Hopefully this will go away soon.

Congrats to those that have had their babies!