Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
duckdogoctober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The best fit for a FIT (Honda)?

I searched this forum for the answer already but only found Odysseys and Civics. Anyone have a convertible car seat RF in a new Honda Fit?

If so, which one?

I am wondering what to get for a Fit given the limited space. Of course, safety's first.

My LO is 98% in height last we checked and pretty up there in weight yet more on the slender body shape. She'll be 4 months soon but her toes already touch the back seat when she is in her infant car seat now.

I was originally thinking a smaller Britax (it still looks huge!) or now the Radian I've read so much about.

I am so bad at this! Any helpful words are much appreciated.

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Chey
Banned

My Mood:
Re: The best fit for a FIT (Honda)?

Probably a Radian or a True Fit is what I would recommend. I don't know how either of those do in a FIT, but for your DD either one sounds like a good choice. Check car-seat.org to see if there is any info regarding the FIT there. I'd check for you but I'm off to bed, my baby is calling me and he's hungry and wants to snuggle.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Austinsmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got a Combi Cocorro yesterday and it fits GREAT in the back of our 2 door Honda Acoord! My all legs 6'3" DH can put the seat all the back and be comfortable with it behind him We replaced a Britax Roundabout with it and it has several inches of shell above Charlottes head where as the Roundabout was down to 1 inch
Austinsmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
rbutterfly13
Registered Users

i just lost all that i was typing because of my husbands pain in the butt computer. the short of it real quick because i dont have time to re-tell it again. but we have a 2009 honda fit and our marathon and complete air fit rear facing behind driver seat and husband is tall. we had a true fit but it didnt work great for us. but it did fit but my husband wasnt as comfortable.
rbutterfly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
rbutterfly13
Registered Users

o by the way we have a radian and it does not fit at all!!! (yes i have a of carseats) the radian are from when i did daycare and we planned to use them for our son but the dont fit in our small cars rear facing. (we use to have a honda pilot)
Old 01-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
flyer23
Registered Users
seller

I have a Britax Boulevard in my Fit. We just turned it to FF'ing when we installed the infant seat for the new baby, but it fit fine RF'ing in the middle seat. I think it would have been a bit of a squeeze installing it RF'ing on one of the sides -- the top of the Boulevard rested between the two front seats when it was RF'ing. We probably could've made it work, but I was quite OK moving her to FF'ing at this point (she's 2.5 years old).

We have a Britax Roundabout in DH's car, and it fits in the Fit as well. But I wouldn't recommend it for a tall kid if you want to do extended RF'ing. DD is average height and we had to turn her to FF'ing in the Roundabout almost a year ago (at 19 months old) because she was too tall to RF.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:58 AM   #7
duckdogoctober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, ladies! So why a Complete Air over a True Fit? What's the difference? I think I canceled out the Britax. Many say they are huge. But love the fact that the Radian folds up for easy(-ier) traveling. I am worried it wouldn't work in the FIT. She needs the height and leg room though. She's 90th in height and only 80th in weight. Still big but longer...
Old 02-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
rbutterfly13
Registered Users

the same of the true fit just makes it hard to fit in there. also the true fit is bigger then the britax marathon (bulk wise) the complete air is narrow like the radian.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
duckdogoctober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Complete Air is sounding great. But maybe I should rethink the Britax; the Marathon or the Boulevard? Besides the added side protection of the BLVD, are they they same in width and height?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #10
duckdogoctober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I just went to BRU and saw that the BLVD seems a tad bit wider and shorter than the Marathon. Can this be true or are my eyes tricking me?
Also, the Complete Air seems like the best bet but is it hard to clean? Do those who have the Marathon like the option of taking off the cover for a wash? I wonder how often I would do that...