Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
redshoe95
Registered Users
seller

Re: 10lbs in 5 wks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Our stories sound REALLY similar. I gained a few pounds in the first trimester and then suddenly started putting on weight around 20 weeks. I'm now around 20lbs at 25 weeks.

I'm also sensitive about weight gain so I have the midwives weigh me backwards and we have an agreement to not talk about weight. They can discuss healthy diet or GD testing, but we don't talk numbers. I try not to weigh myself at home either as it just stresses me out.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Yeah, that sounds kinda like me....I always get really self conscious about my weight while I am pregnant. I don't ever weigh myself at home. I hope next time they don't mention it. I don't care to know but I don't like thinking they think its bad. She said it wasn't but then why mention it? Anyways I feel great so I won't worry about it.

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #12
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

At 24 weeks I'm up 32 pounds (7 in the last 2 weeks). The midwife was concerned and they put a referral in for a dietician. After coming home, re-consulting my books (which are actually written by experts, rather than being one person's opinion) and talking with other DS mamas in the pregnancy forum... I let it go.

I agree with other posters. As long as you're feeling good, don't stress it!
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves
At 24 weeks I'm up 32 pounds (7 in the last 2 weeks). The midwife was concerned and they put a referral in for a dietician. After coming home, re-consulting my books (which are actually written by experts, rather than being one person's opinion) and talking with other DS mamas in the pregnancy forum... I let it go.

I agree with other posters. As long as you're feeling good, don't stress it!
Honestly, I hate how generic the scale is for weight gain. Not everyone gains the same amount in the same way! Some of us no matter what we eat will gain a bunch.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #14
groovymum
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am 27 weeks and up about 20. I always gain the most between 18-30 weeks, and then I start to taper off. I know how frustrating it can be..but you just have to keep your eye on the prize. lol. Of course it doesnt help when you are short like I, because 20 lbs looks like so much more then you lucky tall mamas Just remember it will go away once that sweet baby comes. Trust me...I have to remind myself of this all the time!!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #15
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think our bodies will gain what they need to to take care of our babies (w/ reasonable eating of course). My friend eats a lot healthier than me and gains around 40 lbs while preg while I only gain around 20 lbs. I don't think weight should be too much of a worry for most but I understand it is concerning gaining a certain amt in a short period. I don't even own a scale so the only time I get weighed is at appts.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #16
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

I gained 9 lbs last month.. from 20 to 24 weeks (so 9 lbs in 4 weeks). So far over the last two weeks I haven't gained anything... I've also been more tired this past week so I guess the little guy's growth spurt took its toll on me As long as I manage to gain a bit before my next appt so my OB doesn't yell at me and send me to a nutritionist I have to remind her that I'm a bit overweight so it's okay for me to be on the lower end of normal. But I my OB and I'm not worrying about weight. I'm not trying not to gain weight (I'm not avoiding sugar or carbs) and I have certainly been eating more than normal. So I'm not worried

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie

Last edited by Dewberri; 03-09-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #17
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always gain 40 pounds with my pregnancies and right now I'm at 21 pounds at 24 weeks. I don't think your weight sounds that bad for how far along you are!
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've gained about 30 so far with this pregnancy and they aren't concerned. They never mention weight gain or seem concerned about it. Im hoping to only gain about 10 more this time. I gained 90 with my first, 40 with my second and so I'm hoping to only gain around 40 with this one.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #19
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

I'm at about 20 lbs at 25 weeks too. Sounds like it must be pretty normal if so many of us are about the same! I wish I could stop weighing myself because I am driving myself crazy...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #20
groovymum
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinams8 View Post
I'm at about 20 lbs at 25 weeks too. Sounds like it must be pretty normal if so many of us are about the same! I wish I could stop weighing myself because I am driving myself crazy...
Crazy is right. (thats how I feel) With my last pregnancy I put the scale away at 30 weeks, just so I would stop seeing a number. It's funny because what you see is not what everyone else does...not to mention we are pregnant!!