Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #11
alyxmegan's Avatar
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: new mexico
Posts: 1,205
My Mood:
Re: 24 hours of contractions. No progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
DDC...this is exactly how I labor. All three of my youngest have been exactly like that. With DD2, I was having contractions like that off and on for THREE days. With DD3 I was induced, and it STILL took 12 hours. With DS, I had about a week of intense but irregular contractions and at least 24 hours of painful, "I am in labor" contractions that were not doing a freaking thing.

They call it prodromal labor and it SUCKS and it's no fun and I hate it and it's one of the many reasons that I am not having any more kids.

ETA: none of my kids were posterior that I know of. I take forever to dialate, and then once I hit 7, I go from 7 to 10 in about ten minutes, then baby just basically shoots out.
How do you tell when to go to the hospital?

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
812ajack's Avatar
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,572
Re: 24 hours of contractions. No progress.

I went through the same thing last week and a few days in between. I went in and nothing, not even 1 cm. Hoping for at least some change when I go in tomorrow. All the MD said was when it's the "real thing" I'll know it but apparantly not cause they were very steady and intense and I was not progressing at all so now I'm worried I will end up waiting when it is time and get there too late
__________________
Happily Married 1- DS age 12 DD age 10 and DD age 9 DD age 6 and DD age 5 and DD age 3 and our newest little man born 1-15-15
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #13
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Go to the hospital when the contractions bring you to your knees.
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
alyxmegan's Avatar
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: new mexico
Posts: 1,205
My Mood:
Re: 24 hours of contractions. No progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
I went through the same thing last week and a few days in between. I went in and nothing, not even 1 cm. Hoping for at least some change when I go in tomorrow. All the MD said was when it's the "real thing" I'll know it but apparantly not cause they were very steady and intense and I was not progressing at all so now I'm worried I will end up waiting when it is time and get there too late
That is my fear as well. It's my first so I have no clue. They have gotten even closer together but I don't want to go again to be sent home.
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
DitaVonCrunch
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2
Re: 24 hours of contractions. No progress.

Try to relax and wait it out. I was in labor for 4 days. It's nice read the other comments to know I'm not alone in this laborious journey. You WILL know when you need to go to the hospital. I was attempting a HBAC and I was screaming for the hospital on 2 separate nights. There is a new way of checking your dilation, or maybe it's an old-fashioned way really. I can't post a link because I'm too green to this group. The article is called: The Red/Purple Line: An Alternate Method For Assessing Cervical Dilation Using Visual Cues and it's at scienceandsensibility dot org

Hang in there. Rest up. You'll need the energy to get you through this journey. No amount of walking made me progress any faster during the day. Nighttime was when things got really intense. The baby will come. And you are 5 minutes away from the hospital which is ideal.
DitaVonCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #16
812ajack's Avatar
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,572
Re: 24 hours of contractions. No progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Go to the hospital when the contractions bring you to your knees.
I'm on my 6th so i think if i wait for that I'll be having the baby at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
That is my fear as well. It's my first so I have no clue. They have gotten even closer together but I don't want to go again to be sent home.
Well the good thing is with your 1st it usually does take a while from 1st contraction to delivery (not always but usually) I'm on my 6th so may not have that much time in between but at least I kind-of know what I'm doing so even if it came down to it I think I could handle whatever happens. I just never had BH like this since my 1st so it caught me a little off guard
__________________
Happily Married 1- DS age 12 DD age 10 and DD age 9 DD age 6 and DD age 5 and DD age 3 and our newest little man born 1-15-15
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #17
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack

I'm on my 6th so i think if i wait for that I'll be having the baby at home

Well the good thing is with your 1st it usually does take a while from 1st contraction to delivery (not always but usually) I'm on my 6th so may not have that much time in between but at least I kind-of know what I'm doing so even if it came down to it I think I could handle whatever happens. I just never had BH like this since my 1st so it caught me a little off guard
Maybe! Maybe not. But if natural is the goal the longer you wait at home the better- right? Lol
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #18
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,716
Re: 24 hours of contractions. No progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
How do you tell when to go to the hospital?
I guess, they send me home, I guess again, they send me home again. Lol

With DD2 I went in twice in 3 days before they would keep me, in that time I dialated half a cm.

With DS I guessed and was at half a cm the first time I went in. I told them I would be back the next day and like 4 hours later I was back, only one more cm but I just couldn't do another 10 to 15 more hours of that kinda pain. I had tried the tub at home and it didn't help.
__________________
Kim-married to Dan
Mama to Caiti (17), Rae Rae (4), Dani Lee(2), and CJ, born 10/12/12.
Stuff From Kim's Kloset That Special Moment Photography Also come check out Swagbucks with me!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #19
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady
I guess, they send me home, I guess again, they send me home again. Lol

With DD2 I went in twice in 3 days before they would keep me, in that time I dialated half a cm.

With DS I guessed and was at half a cm the first time I went in. I told them I would be back the next day and like 4 hours later I was back, only one more cm but I just couldn't do another 10 to 15 more hours of that kinda pain. I had tried the tub at home and it didn't help.
Labor is hard. No two ways around it!
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.