Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
36 week appt

Today I was not dilated but was 30% effaced.

Have been having contractions almost daily for 2 weeks. Was really surprised I wasn't dilated the contractions are not just bhc either. They will be 4-6min apart lasting 50-60 seconds for a few hours and then stop. They are not super painful but enough so that I have to focus. :-/ I feel broken.

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
mel281
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 36 week appt

Sorry, that is frustrating. Just remember you still have an average of 4 weeks to go and that things can change overnight! My friend was really disappointed when she wasn't dilated at her appointment but ended up having her daughter the next day anyway. I'm sure you know as a mom of 3 already that the numbers don't REALLY mean anything as far as when you are going to deliver- but it certainly is disappointing to feel like you have been having contractions without progress. The numbers are always fun to get when they are going in the right direction, meaningless or not, and equally can be disappointing when not! Sorry, no real help from me here, but your voice is heard, regardless!
mel281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Re: 36 week appt

agree with the above. i was 2-3cm with my first at 36w and told i would go early, even "any day". well, i went to 41w1d!!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the positive post!!

I was 1cm at 27 weeks with my 2nd. I figured I'd def go into labor early with him. But docs told me it was normal for subsequent pregnancies to dilate quicker. Nope. Went to 41 weeks with him. Lol with them telling me subsequent pregnancies dilating quicker I figured I would have by now. No. Nada haha!

Well next week is another appt. Ill pray it changes. I've been doing my rrl tea and epo.