Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:
pregnate after c section question

My daughter was a c section and we had our son when she was 4 years old, I had NO problems as far as pains, or anything like that with my scar or anything else.

Well now we are pregnate again and Gage is only now 18 months old and I am 11 weeks along. And having pains where my insicion is similar to right after the birth of my kids that burning,sharp pain. If you've had a c section you know what I'm talking about.

Should I be concerned? I have an appointment monday and plan to bring it up with my dr then along with a couple other concerns I have but I would feel better if I knew how common this is regardless what the dr says ...I would feel better if I had similar experiance while preg with #2 then I would know that " that's just how it is "

Thanks

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 PM   #2
beadmom
Registered Users

Re: pregnate after c section question

My DD's are 23 months apart and I had a C-section with the first. I often had some pain at my scar throughout the pregnancy. I remember my neighbor had really bad pains in her scar and everything was just fine.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I have never had a c-section but my best friend had four--she got pregnant with her fourth baby when her third was only 7 months old and she had terrible pains like that. Hers was mostly on her left side and the nurse mentioned to her that the left side was the doctor's "working" side when performing a c-section.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im pretty sure they will say its pretty common. I had 4 c-sections within 3 1/2 years. I had incision pain usually at the 30 week mark. Not as early as you but I don't think that means anything. I think I just heal extra well and have extra stretchy skin.
ivparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

Good to know I'm not the only one. lol
Old 12-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I asked a similar questions a couple weeks ago about birthing after having a c-section, and a lot of moms said they had pain or some other feeling along their scar, but that things were fine. I'm thinking about the next baby, and I was told a year would be *optimal* for my body to heal after the section but I don't think I want to wait that long. Congrats on your new LO-to-be!
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:31 PM   #7
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2cody View Post
I asked a similar questions a couple weeks ago about birthing after having a c-section, and a lot of moms said they had pain or some other feeling along their scar, but that things were fine. I'm thinking about the next baby, and I was told a year would be *optimal* for my body to heal after the section but I don't think I want to wait that long. Congrats on your new LO-to-be!
Thanks, this one wasn't super planned,we knew we wanted another but we weren't really sure when ,took 3 years for #2 never thought that after one AF after #2 we would be expecting againg lol...but we are excited.

I'm just worried that since my other two went so well ill be on bed rest this time around with a 18m+ old and a 6 year old..
Old 12-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
Sprolo
Registered Users
seller

Same thing here. I am 29w now and the scar pain is not bad anymore. the ECP is horrible (ECP= Evil Crotch Pain, if you have it, you know what I am talking about).

Anyway, I got PG this time when my twins were 16mo. I think the closer your PG's are, the more pain it is. Not sure. Im not going to test the theory further as this is my last.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprolo View Post
Same thing here. I am 29w now and the scar pain is not bad anymore. the ECP is horrible (ECP= Evil Crotch Pain, if you have it, you know what I am talking about).

Anyway, I got PG this time when my twins were 16mo. I think the closer your PG's are, the more pain it is. Not sure. Im not going to test the theory further as this is my last.
The " theory" makes sense because my last preg no pain , I expected it not knowing what to expect but none....so I started this preg thinking...eh, no pain in my future....yea right lol