Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have a child that has bad reaction to dairy?

Trying to figure out what is going on with my son. We think it is related to dairy. Doctor just advised us to avoid dairy if we thought it was the cause. I'm feeling like it is too much trial and error.

It seems he can do some dairy but not all. It's not a histamine reaction he gets sick (tmi throw up) if he does too much dairy. What is too much dairy)and what type of dairy is a big question mark.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone have a child that has bad reaction to dairy?

My daughter used to get bad stomach aches (as a nursing baby) if I had dairy. Butter didn't trigger it, but milk, cream, cheese all did.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #3
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a baby (1 yo) who did fine with cheese, yogurt, butter, things made with milk luke baked goods, but when drinking cow's milk his poop would instantly burn and blister his skin. Tried every couple months for about a year (9 mos 6?) and it just stopped and he's had no trouble in the following year.

Had a respite once who i was told was lactose intolerant but could eat some dairy but not too much. In that case it appeared any dairy was too much according to his pull ups, but I only had him a week and my info came from a source other than his primary caregivers.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:09 PM   #4
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm leaning toward lactose intolerance.

Online I read that sometimes a virus can trigger this which is what I think can happen.

He got sick two days ago and he had a bit of dairy in the morning but it was some icing made with half and half that did him in. I felt so bad because none of us realized the icing was pretty much dairy and sugar.

So it can be that certain dairy can trigger it and not others. That's what I suspected. I guess a food diary would be helpful.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #5
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

My now 5 yr old gets bad stomach pains and horrible smelling diarrhea, it looks like the same color as newborn breastfed baby stools and smells like vomit (sorry tmi). I give her lactase pills before she has anything with dairy in it and that helps. But if she has too much (more than a glass of milk) she will have the stomach pains and diarrhea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk