Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2018, 06:21 AM   #1
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Daily exercise accountability thread

Figured I would start posting my daily exercise hoping others would join in. Even if all you can manage between kids is 5 minutes it is something and should be recognized. Raising young kids is HARD work and time consuming.

Anyway, heading to the gym for 45 minutes of weights and 60 minutes of cardio before church today.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Daily exercise accountability thread

My 6 year old woke up looking for me. He needed some Mommy cuddles. Spent 30 minutes cuddling him when he fell back asleep. So went to the gym and got in my weights but only 30 minutes cardio. Will try for a walk with the kids later to get in the rest of my cardio.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like this thread. I have a tough time getting motivated at home. I much rather go to the gym but thats not an option at the moment.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:51 AM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yup, motivation is a much desired, but hard to aquire, commodity. Had to push to get myself out the door.

Since my diabetes and hypertension diagnosis I try to make sure I get at least some me time for exercise in. Learned the hard way, if I want to continue being able to care for my husband and children, I need to care for myself first. It is soo hard to get motivated when you see so much needing to be done, the kids are demanding attention, etc.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Forgot to take my lisinipril today. Will get it when I get home.

I dif get my daily weights today. Still need to get in some cardio but have errands to run first.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #6
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller

This is great. I'll play. I struggle because due to our work schedules I either have to work out very early, or it doesn't happen. It's really hard to get out there when it's cold and dark.

I went for a run today, and took the dog for a good-length walk. Possible because it's DH's work at home day so we weren't all trying to get out the door at 7:30 am.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #7
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really need to be more consistent, especially in winter. I feel so much better when I move more, but like someone else said, motivation can be hard to come by. Especially when it's just one more thing on a never ending to do list.

We do pretty good about taking a daily walk when the weather is nice. In the winter it feels like more coats/hats/mittens than it's worth lol. We did take a walk after lunch today even though it's freezing. Our walks are at toddler speed but better than nothing. It was probably right at a mile.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #8
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've designated a pair of sneakers as my "home" pair and don't wear them outside.

I've started running up and down the steps when I go up or down.

I'm planning to resume Zumba once weather cooperates but there is nothing stopping me from exercising at home.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:11 PM   #9
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When it comes to at home work outs I do really well for like 2 weeks then something interrupts my routine and I cant get back in for months. I need to get with it.
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #10
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
When it comes to at home work outs I do really well for like 2 weeks then something interrupts my routine and I cant get back in for months. I need to get with it.
That's me too. I had a nice set up with my Roku and and a playlist of youtube workouts. Then I strayed from routine and stopped.