Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
bezbabe
Registered Users
seller

crocheting my first pair of longies-question

is it possible to be somehow crocheting backwards? i just started the second leg and the stitches look nubbier or fuzzier or something...it actually looks like the inside of the other leg and body. i'm going to just keep going with it because these are acrylic and my practice pair and i'm pretty sure i'm going to mess it up more further down the leg where i flared it but didn't count rows or stitches...yeah, should be interesting...lol...but thought it might be good to know for the next pair.

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
HRM's MOM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: crocheting my first pair of longies-question

so when you crocheted the first leg were you crocheting the leg so you could see the inside of the leg while you crocheted? Now are you crocheting towards the outside of the leg? If so than yes you can crochet the wrong side if you are crocheting in the round. If you do the crocheting back and forth it should not matter much but if you are doing it in the round it is possible to have a wrong side. Does that make since?
HRM's MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
bezbabe
Registered Users
seller

thank you...what you said makes sense, i think, but i'm not crocheting inside out, if that's what you meant.

when i did the first leg, i did it right side out, same as the body, in the round, going from the gusset around the front, in a circle to the back and ended up back at the gusset. when i started the second leg, i started at the gusset and went counter-clockwise, same as the other leg, but it went to the back first and looped towards the front, back to the gusset. but this leg looks different...should i have gone the other way from the gusset, in the opposite direction? does that make sense?

i'm following the tute that i found on here by topazdodge i think?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezbabe View Post
thank you...what you said makes sense, i think, but i'm not crocheting inside out, if that's what you meant.

when i did the first leg, i did it right side out, same as the body, in the round, going from the gusset around the front, in a circle to the back and ended up back at the gusset. when i started the second leg, i started at the gusset and went counter-clockwise, same as the other leg, but it went to the back first and looped towards the front, back to the gusset. but this leg looks different...should i have gone the other way from the gusset, in the opposite direction? does that make sense?

i'm following the tute that i found on here by topazdodge i think?
I am having a hard time visualizing what you are doing...you can always do one row going the opposite way (dont frog anything, but chain 1 and then turn to go the other way)....you can always frog that single row when it is done so you can see if going in the opposite direction helps.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
bezbabe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I am having a hard time visualizing what you are doing...you can always do one row going the opposite way (dont frog anything, but chain 1 and then turn to go the other way)....you can always frog that single row when it is done so you can see if going in the opposite direction helps.
lol...i wondered when i was typing it...yeah, i should try going the other direction, thanks for the suggestion!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #6
mommyv
Registered Users
seller

I hate to hijack a post, but I think I am about the have the same problem. I'm working on my first pair of longies from the same pattern, and the way I had intended the garment to lay, my crochet hook is going from the inside of the body toward the outside. I think I'm crocheting inside-out. At this point I can just turn it the other way, so that the crochet hook is going toward in the inside to pick up the yarn - should I do this? Also, how do I avoid the pp's issue - when you start crocheting the second leg, is there anything in particular you do to ensure they are both the same "direction".

I know I probably sound like an idiot - wait until you see my creation, you'll get a laugh

Cloth Diaper 101 posts here: http://mommiev1.blogspot.com Do you blog about cloth diapers? Come link up to Cloth Tushie Tuesday!
mommyv is offline   Reply With Quote