Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
KBuchanan
Registered Users

Do you prefer snaps it snapless?

I'm trying to decide if getting fitteds with snaps or without snaps is the better way to go. I've already decided I want to go the fitted route but haven't been able to find much info on the pros and cons of each option. Thank you in advanced for all the help.

Advertisement

KBuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you prefer snaps it snapless?

I like snapless because it gives you more flexible sizing.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Agree with jen about the sizing/customization. But I prefer snaps bc it’s one less “piece” for me to look for when securing the diaper. That said, I’d argue that a snappie is easier to use than snaps in the dark half asleep. I’ve read about some using the snappie on a snap fitted. You just secure the teeth between the snaps when you don’t feel like using the snaps.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:22 AM   #4
KBuchanan
Registered Users

Thank y'all so much didn't think about using a snappie with a snap diaper in case it doesn't quite fit right. Im worried my little girl is going to be long a skinny since I was when I was born and was thinking the snaps might not adjust right or if she is in between where the snaps sit what would I do. I know the husband would prefer the snaps as he thinks it will be easier (I really wanted to do prefolds but he didnt want to have to deal with the extra steps of folding them to curve around the baby right). I do have another question someone might be able to answer. I've read on some sights that sometimes you have to go up a pant size when using cloth diapers because of the bulk. Is that true?
Old 04-01-2018, 10:34 AM   #5
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Yes that’s true KBuchanan about the pants size. We always were able to go down a size once kiddo is potty learned. As far as the pfs and your hubby: many husbands here have said they prefer the PFs. You could also just padfold the PF. Pair that with a velcrocover and that’s less work than a fitted. Not to mention less expensive
Old 04-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamInGreen View Post
Yes thatís true KBuchanan about the pants size. We always were able to go down a size once kiddo is potty learned. As far as the pfs and your hubby: many husbands here have said they prefer the PFs. You could also just padfold the PF. Pair that with a velcrocover and thatís less work than a fitted. Not to mention less expensive
That's my DH's preference. I like it pretty well too but I do go on kicks where I really like fitteds.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think snaps/no snaps are a personal preference thing. I tried fitteds for the first time with this baby and I found that I prefer no snaps too...adjustability is a factor and I found snaps to be really tedious when I had a newborn and was changing a million diapers a day and had to snap fitteds and covers every time. I would rather pin.

My husband is fine with whatever (as long as he has a chance to get used to it) but his favorite is fastened (pinned) prefolds.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

What are you using over the fitted? If it's just PUL it will squish in some too. I find that fitteds are mostly useful if using wool or planning a lot of coverless time. If wearing PUL all the time it just seems like a waste - of both a step and money.

My husband will recommend prefolds. If its what you want to do, I would suggest trying it. Tell hubby he can padfold at first (so get a few extra covers) and you are gtg. The angel wing fold is super basic and easy, there is no reason to start off with any complicated folds.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 04-02-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #9
KBuchanan
Registered Users

@Pixi6s we we're planning on doing PUL covers most of the time. I might get a few prefolds just to see if maybe husband likes them. I think I'd really prefer them. After reading all this I think snapless will probably be best though I'll probably have a few snaps just in case. Thank all of you so much.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:08 PM   #10
Sallystardust
Registered Users

As much as I like the ease of snapless, I'm not a fan on the curling edges of Velcro and it wearing out over time and getting all stuck to other items when my hubby misses a cover and doesn't close it before laundry. We're new to this all but that'd my feeling so far.
Sallystardust is offline   Reply With Quote