Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:31 AM   #81
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: i just want to ask...why only when its medical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
My post was in response to this:
i didn't mean that rudely...i was trying to word it...i was just asking that people not say things as rudely as they were. that is all.

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #82
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In the end... I think most people that think formula should be prescribed, only feel that way because they are trying to come up with a way for it to not be used "just because it's there" kind of way. It was a creative thinking kind of thing. I don't think the idea is to have starving babies, or babies being fed soda and cheezits, because a mom can't get formula.

Many believe there are always shades of gray. I'm not sure where else this thread is supposed to go, but when it starts turning into the cool kids and those other crazies, it's gone too far.

Like I said before. People need to chill out. Be secure enough in your parenting choices to roll your eyes at people that are spouting off things you find moronic.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:36 AM   #83
onlygirl
Banned

My Mood:

if you really want to take formula off the market you are a control freak. go make millions, buy the companies and do what you will with them. otherwise shut up.
onlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 AM   #84
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok well this is a response to the prescription thing...what happens to you bfing if something happens to your milk or you are hurt and can't feed your baby...does your baby starve because it is 11 o clock on a friday night and you can't find a doctor or a pharmacy to give it to you....or do you go to the store and get it? take it from someone who ran out of formula before. this again is not meant snarky...i am just pointing out that maybe that is too far.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #85
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykaymay View Post
ok well this is a response to the prescription thing...what happens to you bfing if something happens to your milk or you are hurt and can't feed your baby...does your baby starve because it is 11 o clock on a friday night and you can't find a doctor or a pharmacy to give it to you....or do you go to the store and get it? take it from someone who ran out of formula before. this again is not meant snarky...i am just pointing out that maybe that is too far.
Well, what if you bottle feed and break your wrists and can't shake a bottle?

There are always what ifs and alternate scenarios.

ETA: Also, at least every where that I've lived. If it was an emergency, there are ERs, quick cares, and urgent cares all around us.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:43 AM   #86
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well, what if you bottle feed and break your wrists and can't shake a bottle?

There are always what ifs and alternate scenarios.

ETA: Also, at least every where that I've lived. If it was an emergency, there are ERs, quick cares, and urgent cares all around us.
yeah but imagine sitting in that er waiting for someone to write you one...i was just pointing out that it was a flawed plan.

and if my wrists were broken i would buy liquid and just roll it around with my feet to mix it up. like you said...always an alternate.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 AM   #87
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykaymay View Post
yeah but imagine sitting in that er waiting for someone to write you one...i was just pointing out that it was a flawed plan.

and if my wrists were broken i would buy liquid and just roll it around with my feet to mix it up. like you said...always an alternate.
Either way, the scenario is flawed. It's like saying a bottle should be introduced right from the start, with formula, just in case "something happens to your milk or you are hurt and can't feed your baby."

Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #88
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Either way, the scenario is flawed. It's like saying a bottle should be introduced right from the start, with formula, just in case "something happens to your milk or you are hurt and can't feed your baby."
wow, wow, wow...i never said that! where did you read that?? i think boob first!!

i just said that formula shouldn't be limited like that just in case someone needs it.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 AM   #89
ashleymelynn
Nanipoo Lover <3
seller

My Mood:

My ISO thread
ashleymelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:51 AM   #90
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You didn't say it, but hell, why not imply it?

You said:
Quote:
With that thinking, it would be smart to have a can of formula around at all times, just in case. And since lots of young babies don't easily take bottles while BFing, gotta get them used to that too.