Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #21
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Comparison of diaper styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
I would love to find a diaper library that made it possible to try/see the different kinds of diapers before ordering them! I was wishing for that last week. Even just being able to physically look at the diapers would help these decisions. No brick & mortar cloth diaper stores around here though.

Carter's has their romper and overall sets 50% off right now. They have several things available that would go well over cloth. I almost bought Faith some for the summer but decided not to. She lives in longies right now and they are so nice for the cold winter days! Are you thinking to do workhorses under wool again?

No more wool. The weather is heating up fast here. We are all outside in shorts today and have the fans on wide open in the house.

Advertisement

MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #22
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

We were there for a while but it got cold again.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #23
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Against my better judgment I have flip flopped the boys diapers. I started trifolding (which Im not a huge fan of) large GMDs in a Flip for C and fastening medium GMDs under Thirsties Size 2 on L. I just cant find a cover I like over fastened prefolds for C. I keep telling myself he will potty learn soon so I dont need to spend money on diapers for him. I am not a big fan of Thirsties Size 2 on L. I would trifold medium GMDs for C but I dont have enough for both boys so I have to make the larges work.

This was no help to you other then joining in the cloth whining.

Shorts here today too!
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #24
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

You could do workhorses under wool in summer too. Soakers and shorties are awesome for summer and you don't have to fit pants over them (especially with shorties, though I use soakers as bottoms too). 6 bags full (etsy) makes relatively inexpensive ones that are good.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #25
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
my stash (stashes? )

The flats mama, embrace the flats!
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #26
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
You could do workhorses under wool in summer too. Soakers and shorties are awesome for summer and you don't have to fit pants over them (especially with shorties, though I use soakers as bottoms too). 6 bags full (etsy) makes relatively inexpensive ones that are good.

No ma'am. We cannot wear wool in MS in summer. Take a trip here and you will understand.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:14 PM   #27
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post

The flats mama, embrace the flats!

Looks like it!!!
Old 02-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #28
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Against my better judgment I have flip flopped the boys diapers. I started trifolding (which Im not a huge fan of) large GMDs in a Flip for C and fastening medium GMDs under Thirsties Size 2 on L. I just cant find a cover I like over fastened prefolds for C. I keep telling myself he will potty learn soon so I dont need to spend money on diapers for him. I am not a big fan of Thirsties Size 2 on L. I would trifold medium GMDs for C but I dont have enough for both boys so I have to make the larges work.

This was no help to you other then joining in the cloth whining.

Shorts here today too!
Freezing rain here! We are yo-yoing between unseasonably warm and bitter cold with nasty precipitation. I enjoy the warm days a lot, but it makes it that much harder to tolerate the cold nasty ones.

You could get some of the half price econobums, that way you don't invest very much but have more that will work for trifolding.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #29
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
No ma'am. We cannot wear wool in MS in summer. Take a trip here and you will understand.
We're in AZ...PUL does not work for us in the summer. We do better with wool & fleece. Funny how that works! I would never wear a wool sweater in the summer here, but for some reason it works as a diaper cover and actually keeps my baby cooler. It's magic!
Old 02-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #30
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
We're in AZ...PUL does not work for us in the summer. We do better with wool & fleece. Funny how that works! I would never wear a wool sweater in the summer here, but for some reason it works as a diaper cover and actually keeps my baby cooler. It's magic!

It's wet here though. From what I understand from talking to friends, humidity makes all the difference. Either way, wool is a no go for a while!