Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
paintedbison
Registered Users
seller

what vax's at two months?

DS is about to go for his two month check-up. I followed all the normal vaccinations with DD (who is 2.5 yrs now). Having researched things some more, I guess I'm just wanting to be more careful this time around. Does anyone know what shots they normally do at 2 months?

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what vax's at two months?

Here's what the CDC has for the current schedule. (it's a pdf file)
Old 07-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my god! They get 4 shots and then a little drink thing!! Lets see we just started dd vaxs she is 6 months old, i couldn't convinve dh for her not to get them so we compromised and waited a while. Anyways she got her DTap, Polio, Retrovirus one, and then there were 2 others. She was running a fever untill yesterday, and has been so super cranky all week! I wish we hadn't done it!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #4
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

BTW your avatar pic is beautiful!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jack's 15 months now, he only ever got his two month shots and then we stopped. He got DTaP, HiB, IPV, HepB... if I remember correctly. It seems that he should have had the PCV shot to, but I don't remember that one. I'm sure it was because IPV was combined with HiB or something... he had four shots, with combined diseases.

It's insane isn't it? No one would actually come into contact with Polio, Hep B, HiB, Diptheria, Tetnus, Pertussis, and PCV all at the same time in the real world. Yet we inject our kids with ALL those diseases at one time, in a way that we'd never come into contact with them (injection vs. inhalation most times) AND all the toxins and preservatives that are included. And we wonder why our little ones are getting autism, auto-immune diseases, etc. at epidemic rates.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Where's that popcorn?
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
paintedbison
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
BTW your avatar pic is beautiful!
Thanks... it was a GREAT experience at a birthing center here in Houston.

How do you decide what vaccines to delay? Maybe there is some info in the links above? I definitely don't think we are going to do Hep B for a while. How in the world would my two month old come in contact with Hep B? I got it when I was 18 and started working EMS.... that makes a little more sense.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The drink thing is for rotovirus. It is a live virus vaccine and has been linked with intessuseption. It was on the market several years ago and pulled after it killed quite a few children. THe makers insist this new vaccine doesn't have the same problem, but chidren have been turning up with intessuseption shortly after administration of the vaccine. Also because it is live virus it can cause the child getting the vaccine, and everyone else in contact with them to get rotovirus. You can never become fully immune to rotovirus, the immunity is fleeting at best even if you get it naturally. Just thought you'd want to know that when trying to make your decisions.

HepB is a disease found in people who share needles or are sexually promiscuous. It can sometimes be passed from mother to child if the mother is positive. Some health care workers are at increased risk. It is given to babies because it was believed that it would be hard to get parents to bring their teenagers in for the vax. They thought they would catch it early I guess. It is a very dangerous vaccine.

IPV is polio. It's the one I think I most understand why a parent would decide to get. But of course it can always be done later if you wanted.

DTaP, is diptheria (very very uncommon since sanitation and clean water and easily treated with antibiotics any way) Tetanus (a disease that primarily affects people with poor circulation, not children) and acellular Pertusis. I know lots of parents worry about whooping cough and so they get this vax. However it has more adverse events linked with it than any other required vax.

HIB is very very rare in children who are breastfed and stay at home. It is rarely dangerous after 15months of age. If you are nervous about it it is one of those vaxes that should be done early as it is pointless later in life.

That being said we chose not to vax at all. BUt you have to do what is right and what fits in your comfort zone as a parent. I just thought you might like a bit of info about the vaxes they will be offering.

ETA: I put together the links at the top of the page and their is a ton of info in them.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

NONE come near my kid with a needle andI kill
Old 07-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #10
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey since you live in texas maybe you know, how does it work for your kids to go to school?