Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Shyasie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Labor Speed - How fast was your 1st vs 2nd, 3rd etc?

My first was 4.5 hours, started with water breaking, contractions started about 1/2 an hour later. I pushed for 53 minutes with her. Second labor was 2 hours, started with contractions, doctor broke my water and he was here 10 minutes later after 4 pushes. I was in the hospital 30 minutes before he was born. Third was 3 hours, started with water breaking, contractions started about 15 minutes later. It took 3 pushes to get her out.

We also live 30 miles from our hospital. With baby #3, the doctor stripped my membranes and suggested we stay in town for a while afterwards. We walked all over the mall for hours, drove around for a couple more and debated going home. Dd and ds were having a blast with grandma, so we decided to ge a hotel room near the hospital just in case. I'm glad we did because my water broke around 1 AM.

My sister had a 2 hour labor with her first, one hour with her second, and for her 3rd decided to deliver at her local hospital. Good thing, she didn't feel well at work so a co worker drove her to the hospital. They rushed her to a labor room and she delivered 3 minutes after getting to the hospital. There wasn't even a doctor there yet, just a nurse! Talk about crazy fast!
Shyasie is offline   Reply With Quote