Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2016, 07:21 AM   #1
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Not so fun stuff

So I've been dealing with hemorrhoids with this pregnancy for 3 months (usually don't get them until a month prior to delivery and they go away 2-3 weeks after baby is born.) normally they are just annoying but this time they have hurt a lot. Well I suffered for as long as I could but thought I'd say something at my appointment on Thursday (39weeks) and yup they'd got thrombosis. Which is a clot that makes them extremely painful and the pressure is insane. So my dr said she wanted them lanced and that it would feel better. I went the next day (yesterday) to a day surgery office to have them lanced. Most are internal unless I am trying to poop. But there was one that stayed external and was super bad. The nurse (who only assists in bum issues) said it was the biggest thrombosis of a hemorrhoid she had ever seen. So yea it hurt. Well they gave me 4 shots and I was numb for the "procedure" itself. The shots were super painful tho. It took a while and I could feel a lot of cutting happening so I'm assuming there were lots in there :/ he wouldn't prescribe me any meds because I'm so close to my due date. My ob gave me 12 pills so I'm hoping after that Tylenol can do the trick. Anyways it was amazing afterwards. I've been in horrible pain for 4 days and then poof I can sit stand and walk with no pain. Well it didn't last :/ as soon as the local anesthetic wore off I felt it hard. I had another appointment after the procedure and so I got some food took one of the pills and then went to my appointment (prior to pain returning) My husband thinks it was the pill and my mom thinks it was the pain but midway through my appointment (it was a required appointment to watch a video because in my state you aren't allowed an epidural if you haven't watched it prior to labor) I started getting light headed. Then hot. I don't normally sweat like even after an hour at the gym but I was dripping sweat. I watched the video because I'm stubborn that way. My husband had dropped me off and wasn't answering my call so I was a bit stressed. And wanted to leave. The lady helping me got me a wheelchair because she didn't want me to fall and wheeled me down to the lobby. I immediately recognized I was going to vomit. Well I vomited 7 times and it was so powerful it came out my mouth, and nose. The pressure also pushed the gauze from my bum and I gushed from my vagina or peed (not sure). It was pretty nasty bad. They wanted me to go to the ER because of the blood but I knew it was just because of the procedure earlier. Anywho hubby showed up and we left. I feel good now and the pills don't do that to me now so I tend to agree with my mom that my body said that was more pain than it could handle. So yea. I'm sitting in a site bath and just got scared that what if it was my water breaking? I didn't think to have them test it while I was there because I hate hospitals and was afraid they would admit me for the blood which I wasn't concerned about. But now I'm wondering. Would labor and delivery be able to tell. My waters have only ever broken before during contractions. And I have none. Baby has been moving and kicking as normal.

Advertisement

greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #2
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not so fun stuff

Big hugs mama! I'm so sorry about your pain and this experience it's normal to be worried. And being so close to your birth time, it's normal to wonder if it was "just" from the procedure or baby related. You could call your provider and have them check. It's not a big deal thing for them to check. At least it could increase your peace of mind during such a trying time. When pain is so bad that it gets your head in a bad place, everything seems out of sorts. This is not you, it's the pain. Rest. Check in on the babe. Rest some more. This will be behind you soon, no pun intended!!
Old 05-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First of all, I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Hugs!

Personally when my water broke the feeling in pelvic region was obvious it almost felt "dry" and I didn't have my babe for almost 20 hours after that. But that being said, not everyone is the same. I would check in with your care provider just to relieve your stress, no momma needs any extra stress. Good luck!
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #4
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamInGreen
Big hugs mama! I'm so sorry about your pain and this experience it's normal to be worried. And being so close to your birth time, it's normal to wonder if it was "just" from the procedure or baby related. You could call your provider and have them check. It's not a big deal thing for them to check. At least it could increase your peace of mind during such a trying time. When pain is so bad that it gets your head in a bad place, everything seems out of sorts. This is not you, it's the pain. Rest. Check in on the babe. Rest some more. This will be behind you soon, no pun intended!!
Lol laughing hurts my bum but that last line made me giggle.
It's Saturday so my dr said to go to the hospital to check. I am here now but super flustered because they won't just swab to check so I'm getting hooked up and IVd and everything :/ I just wanna go home but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:34 PM   #5
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysmama View Post
Lol laughing hurts my bum but that last line made me giggle.
It's Saturday so my dr said to go to the hospital to check. I am here now but super flustered because they won't just swab to check so I'm getting hooked up and IVd and everything :/ I just wanna go home but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.
Oh no:/ please post an update. I hope you brought some snacks and you can get off that monitor soon.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:17 PM   #6
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Was so happy to go home I forgot to pop in with an update. It wasn't my waters they are intact and I'm not displayed. Having weak contractions according to the monitors but I'm pretty sure it's just Braxton hicks. My bum hurts a ton but I'm happy baby girl is staying in so mama can heal some. I haven't decided if I'll want an epidural but if she came now I would probably say yes just because I'm already hurting.

My husband is a mess. I swear I think pregnancy is an after thought for him. He will hear me yelp and ask what's wrong (I have a wound on my bum!!) any who just praying life gets a bit easier this week.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:29 PM   #7
klnra
Registered Users
seller

Yikes, mama! What an ideal! Glad your mind is at ease now and hope you can heal up before baby makes her entrance.
klnra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:01 PM   #8
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mama .

Unfortunately it's gotten even more painful and at my ob appointment today they decided I need to go back to day surgery. I just wanna scream "come on already I'm about to have to give birth stop giving me more things to have hurt!!" Trying to see blessings here but dang I'm so tired of hurting.

Pretty sure I might have my first baby with an epidural since I don't see roughing it when I have these pains on top of labor.