Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2017, 02:06 PM   #31
kristinajura
Registered Users
seller

Any October '17 mamas here yet?

Yes! 5ish weeks left.
Yeah, I'm done with being big and barely being a functional human in that I can't even bend over properly to pick stuff up, but I'm surprisingly less whiny and uncomfortable than I remember being before.
I don't really have much left to get ready. Clothes are washed & hung/ in the drawers... diapers are around, just not put out for use yet... just need to get my birth kit box set up for the homebirth and wait. Newborns really don't need much... and this being #3 AND a surprise gender on top of that... really not that much I can do in terms of prep for baby.
Both my boys were early (older was 2 weeks early, younger was 4 days), so I hope this one is too.
Midwife said it's fair game from 36 weeks on, but doesn't expect it to be that early. As long as baby is done developing & ready to come out, I'm so ready to meet this little smooooshie.
My brother in law is going to be in town for 2.5 weeks starting tomorrow, so that'll definitely help the time FLY by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Last edited by kristinajura; 09-01-2017 at 02:08 PM.
kristinajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:08 AM   #32
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any October '17 mamas here yet?

Has anyone had their babies yet? Kristina, you're pretty much there, right?

36 weeks today. At my appt yesterday my on said I was dilated to a 3. She said that could mean nothing, but since I gave birth early last time, she could come in the next week. I have a feeling she'll stay in the next 4 weeks just because she said that...
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:49 AM   #33
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any October '17 mamas here yet?

Well, my baby is here. She was born Oct 5 at 6:37 after a 10 hour labor, she came at exactly 37 weeks (the cervical check probably started my labor). We've named her Melina Elizabeth. I was able to do it without an epidural again, but this time it wasn't as empowering. I think I was just tired! But this time there was no NICU stay needed and I got to do skin to skin immediately, which was awesome.

Updates from anyone else?
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote