Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #21
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best Cloth Diaper Pattern?

Advertisement

RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
momtoesther
Registered Users
seller

I really like the Rainy Days pattern. Here is a diaper I made with it: knit outer, bamboo fleece hidden layer, and cotton velour inner. The soaker is a two petal soaker with 6 layers total. I also really like the 2 size concept. This is size 2.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #23
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoesther View Post
I really like the Rainy Days pattern. Here is a diaper I made with it: knit outer, bamboo fleece hidden layer, and cotton velour inner. The soaker is a two petal soaker with 6 layers total. I also really like the 2 size concept. This is size 2.

Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to get started on mine. However I warned DH that I might go crazy and make a ton more then we need then hand them out to mama's in the lactation room (NICU) of the hospital.

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 01-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #24
tdd9903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont want to Hijack your post but I wanted to know more about the os pocket diapers. Those that make them, what is your favorite pattern and where do you like to buy PUL? Thanks

ANd sorry for the partial hijacking of your post My2Angels
Old 01-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #25
pinky74
Registered Users
seller
seller

the sprout snap pattern is free and it works wonderfully! I also have Nykibaby, which is a nice one size as well, but costs. I also love the La Di Da when I want a nice trim diaper!

PUL is rather inexpensive at Fabric.com, by the way. It's Fabrite I believe, but they don't have prints.
pinky74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #26
tdd9903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky74 View Post
the sprout snap pattern is free and it works wonderfully! I also have Nykibaby, which is a nice one size as well, but costs. I also love the La Di Da when I want a nice trim diaper!

PUL is rather inexpensive at Fabric.com, by the way. It's Fabrite I believe, but they don't have prints.
Thanks! I use OSBG and I looked over the Nykibaby pattern. That seems simular. Are there any other patterns you all would recommend with the same design concept as BG? These will be made for me only no resale here!

Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #27
my*2*angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't mind the hijacking!LOL This is some great info!!! Thanks everyone!

momtoesther- That diaper is ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to make some! But would that require a cover? I am just confused about what diapers need covers and which do not?!?!?

Last edited by my*2*angels; 01-10-2011 at 02:09 PM.
my*2*angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #28
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my*2*angels View Post
I don't mind the hijacking!LOL This is some great info!!! Thanks everyone!

momtoesther- That diaper is ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to make some! But would that require a cover? I am just confused about what diapers need covers and which do not?!?!?
I can answer the cover question. Yes it would need a cover. But in my experiance you really don't need that many covers. And they tend to be cheap (compared to Goodmama diapers or the knock offs). I think the most I paid for a cover was $15 and I had maybe 4 little ones and 4 big ones.

Now you can make a cover but I think that would require a different thread. I would be interested in that thread!
Old 06-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #29
mammacandoit
Registered Users
seller

This is an old post that I'm so going to resurrect.
My Personal favorite is a fitted diaper ( free fitted diaper pattern) that I make with t-shirts for free! I use this with a cover that I can wipe out. There's so many patterns available for covers, but this one size diaper cover pattern is pretty great because it's one size.
You may or may not like the plainness of that pattern, but it makes it sew up easily, quickly and then has the wipeable factor. It doesn't have gussets though, which some people want. Hope that's helpful!

mammacandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #30
hillca03
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by my*2*angels View Post
So I was just thinking, Hey, I know how to sew, maybe I could make some of my own diapers?LOL What are your suggestions for a good pattern to use? What types of materials are best? Any help is so appreciated! TIA!
I am selling some brand new fabric that I just bought last week and can't return. I have bamboo fleece, bamboo terry and microfiber (all absorbent fabrics for inserts). Pm me if you are interested. I'm just trying to get rid of the last of my stuff, so i'd be willing to accept reasonable offers. I also have a full stash of nb diapers I made and am needing to sell as well. only 2-3 have been worn. I used La-Di-Da Pattern from easy.
hillca03 is offline   Reply With Quote