Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2016, 11:02 PM   #1
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

2016: who's here?

Hello mamas! It's been SO quiet in this DDC! Want to check in and share how things are going?

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2016: who's here?

I'm due "6/19" and currently 18 weeks. I'm feeling better than my awful first trimester (yeah) but remain quite sleepy. This will be our second baby, so I had a little left over maternity clothes. But I fed need more as i just keep wearing the same two pants and handful of tops. Where do you shop for your stuff? I really liked gap last time but it's not working for me too much this time.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:58 AM   #3
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

2016: who's here?

I'm in the same boat--nausea is letting up but I'm lucky to stay up later than 9pm, which is hard because I sew from home, so I used to do that from 9-12 each night. I'm just too tired now though!

I haven't purchased any new maternity clothes. I live in FL so it really doesn't get that cold and I wear jersey knit floor length skirts or dresses from Target every day. They're super stretchy, so I plan to wear them throughout. I wore those before I was pregnant though, just not every day! Haha. I had a lot of long tanks and tees (also from Target) before, I hope they will stretch to accommodate! Lol. I wore a couple through my last pregnancy. I would like more tops though.

As far as actual maternity pants, I never liked Gap or Target. They fit ok at first, but then I found myself pulling them up or having a saggy looking butt throughout the day. It drove me nuts. Pants from Motherhood Maternity always fit nice but are 3x more expensive!! I'm frugal, so I'll stick to my stretchy skirts and bust out some yoga pants if I need to. Good thing I don't have a corporate job anymore, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mamashhon; 01-21-2016 at 07:03 AM.
mamashhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Pink blush maternity is my newfound love, I only shop when there is a coupon code (which is every week, but some random days there will be no sale for one day) because otherwise they are over priced. I have a bunch of really cute tops that were all under 13$ each and the best part is that they don't scream maternity and most actually are meant to be flattering on non pregnant ladies as well so everything I have purchased I will totally wear after. Jeans,I hate jeans, however I have a skinny pair I just bought online at Walmart that are actually not bad and for 14$ I couldn't resist. I wear maternity leggings (the only thing I buy from motherhood otherwise I think their stuff is horrible fitting, bad quality and overpriced!!) and long tops every single day, having one pair of jeans is nice to break that up until warm weather comes then i will buy a bunch of maxi skirts and dresses and for those I won't buy maternity, target usually has ones that work great with a big belly and that way I will have them all summer

Last edited by mommadeeof4+; 02-03-2016 at 03:06 PM.
mommadeeof4+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #5
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

My due date has changed a lot but now it's officially June 1st. I feel ok. I'm tired a lot but I was tired a lot before. Two kids will do that to you lol. We just had our gender reveal party last weekend. I have two boys and was convinced this would be a boy as well so I was super shocked when I found out it's a girl. I'm super nervous. I don't really know how to mom a girl. Boys are so easy for me. Hoping it starts to feel more doable with time.

As far as maternity I really like the jeans I got at Sears. But they are so rare nowadays lol. Most jeans sag halfway through the day which is super frustrating. I wear leggings around the house they don't sag and I love that. As for maxi dresses they are so comfy looking but I'm short and broad and I never feel like I look good in them :/
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:00 PM   #6
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on your girl Greysmama!