Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #1
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

2016: Anyone know the sex? Have any potential names?

Hi ladies!

Hope you all are well! I'm due June 28th, and as much as I wanted a surprise, hubby and I caved to finding out the gender. We found out with our other four, and were told from anywhere between 13-18 weeks. We had to wait the longest this time because baby was not cooperative! At 18 weeks, my midwife couldn't really tell what we were having. She couldn't see anything but a couple of flashes and told us she was 60-70% girl. I went for my anomaly scan even though I wasn't planning on it because I had the stomach flu, then the actual flu, and had lost a lot of weight. It was nice to have the peace of mind that baby was growing ok. This was 20 weeks, and baby was again, not cooperative! She told us 70% boy. At my last midwife appt, I was 22wks and baby is definitely a boy. My midwife has NEVER been wrong with me, and I worked in her office for about a year. She has always been right on with gender. I shamefully bought a TON of girl diapers after that first scan. OOOPS. Lesson learned! I ended up keeping most and pulling the GN and boy diapers from my daughters stash, then replacing those with the brand new fluff I bought for new baby, so it worked out. We decided to not announce baby's gender on social media or anything, but have told our close friends / family. So it's still "kind of" a surprise. The main reason is I got a lot of negative comments when we had our 2nd and 3rd boy, then a lot of "thank god you're not having ANOTHER BOY" with DD, so I can only imagine that everyone will have a "aw, another boy? We were hoping for a sister for DD." Blech. We don't care either way.

We had a girl name picked out my entire pregnancy, and couldn't decide on anything for a boy. We still really can't decide.

Anyone else know the gender? Are you waiting for a surprise? Have any names picked out?

Advertisement

Last edited by mamashhon; 02-21-2016 at 07:12 AM.
mamashhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 AM   #2
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2016: Anyone know the sex? Have any potential names?

Hi congrats! I think it's great that it's "another boy"! How fun! We have one boy. We didn't find out the sex with him. We're not finding out with this one either. We haven't worked on our name list as much this time. The first trimester I was thinking it was a girl bc I was so sick. Now I'm thinking its a boy. Just a hunch though.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

2016: Anyone know the sex? Have any potential names?

I am always wrong with my "momtuition." I incorrectly guessed all of our children! But this time I was SO sure baby was a girl. I even dug through DDs newborn stuff and made all these room sharing plans then...woops! Lol. I'm kind of glad we found out because I was so sure of my gut feelings that I probably wouldn't have bought a single gender neutral outfit, lol. It would have been kind of funny dressing him in DDs pink hand me downs until I managed to get some more clothes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #4
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

That's cute. Though I'm sure he'd have looked adorable rocking the pink outfits
Old 04-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #5
Bscherry14
Registered Users

My Mood:

We're having a girl! I didn't want to find out but my husband did so we found out lol. The name we picked out is Sadie Grace.
Bscherry14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:16 PM   #6
nefrit
Registered Users

I found out at 18 weeks that I'm having a girl (contrary to my dreams saying it's a boy.) My boyfriend and I picked out the name Rinoa (Rih-no-uh) Quinn.
nefrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #7
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Our first little girl here. I was a little scared but I'm warming up to it now. I have two boys and boys I get. I'm mostly scared I'll have a tyrant of a teenager. But for now I'm looking forward to more girlie things.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote