Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
c'est_la_vie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chicago - Homebirths! HELP! [:

So I'm getting my homebirth! Its out last baby & my last chance to do this - so here we go!

Any info on where to go, who to talk to?

Costs?

Any info would help!

Thanks!

Advertisement

Baby M due Oct 31st!
c'est_la_vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
quickmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chicago - Homebirths! HELP! [:

I haven't had a home birth but I'm part of a Mommy's group that has a TON of home birthing mom's in Chicago. I know from all the threads I've read and all the conversations that I've listened to from these ladies that they are pros! I joined them on meetup.com, the group is called Chicago Mama Collective. Look them up and Hey, maybe I'll see you at a meetup!
quickmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
c'est_la_vie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you!! I will join right now, I joined the Chicago Home Birth group on Meetup, but I will check this out.. BTW I'm Debbie!! [:
Baby M due Oct 31st!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
quickmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awesome! I'm Jill, great to meet you. Hey, what neighborhood did you end up in? I saw you were hoping for Logan Square in another thread. We're on the NW side too...Humbolt Park, but I lived in Logan Square for years and loved it. When are you due? We're having #2 7/1.
quickmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
c'est_la_vie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I'm in Logan Square off Fullerton & Kimball! So probably not far from you at all!

I'm due October 31st. #3! Pretty excited, its our last baby though, so also a little sad at the same time.

I joined the group, I just need to submit a personal photo - which I need to do, LOL.

Oh & I decided to go with Jennifer @ A Woman's Place for my homebirth & Midwife services! I'm so excited, I met her last night & she is WONDERFUL!
Baby M due Oct 31st!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
hellokitty
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est_la_vie View Post
Oh & I decided to go with Jennifer @ A Woman's Place for my homebirth & Midwife services! I'm so excited, I met her last night & she is WONDERFUL!
C'est, come to the Chicago Homebirth Meetup groups. I've been going for over a year and it's a great group and really informative. I had a HB with Jen too, PM me if you want to chat more.

Almost all of the other HB info I got was in the HB forum over at Mothering.com Good luck!
hellokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
crlmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to TTC #4! I'm hoping for a homebirth this time! I almost had my 3rd child in the car on the way to the 2nd hospital (went to the first and they insisted I be in the bed on my BACK...so I told my husband to get the car and we left) they told me I was crazy because i measured 3cm when I came in...my daughter was born 10 minutes later. I really want to be at home this time. I'm sick of fighting with OB's that I don't WANT or NEED an epidural, cervical checks from 25 weeks on, Iv's, etc... I am GBS negative and have been with all my kids. It's so frustrating that they push this medical stuff so hard! UGH!
crlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
sisterof10
Registered Users

Good luck with your homebirth! We used Homefirst and had a great experience. I've only heard good things about A Women's Place. =)
sisterof10 is offline   Reply With Quote