Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #31
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: lets pray for 1 day for Ds mamas - scripture included in my posts okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post
women being subservient. I don't have a problem with being a wife, mother and homemaker, but telling women the men make the final decisions on all topics, or they need to put their own needs and feelings aside for husbands and god is degrading to their self worth.
While I tend to agree that being subservient is a disgrace to all those who have fought for us to have equal rights and whatnot, if it is a decision the woman has come to on her own, who are we to judge? I could see if it pushed upon her by her husband or family members but when its a conscious decision by a grown woman, than whatever.
I think Above Rubies is a horrible model though. I checked out the former quiverfull members site and read the article about Nancy's daughter living in squalor running around her house with her 7 kids and a baby just to keep warm. It disgusts me that the mom basically rationalized it to where it was ok.

Advertisement

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #32
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patooty View Post
lets stick to praying in the prayer forum . I think religious debate can go in another forum okay?

so I heard that a lady we were praying for , that her baby finally latched on, its been 15 days. I consider that a small miracle the Lord has done.

I will continue to pray that peace will come over those struggling with loss and infertility. and that the formula feeding mamas that type about guilt and nasty comments from family can find a peace too that they are doing their best.

it saddens me in the posts that the greatest nastinest comes from within their own families who should be their greatest allies.
I am not trying to be rude or anything but is english your first language? I ask because I am trying my hardest to make sense of your posts and I literally cannot understand the point you are trying to get across.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #33
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
I am not trying to be rude or anything but is english your first language? I ask because I am trying my hardest to make sense of your posts and I literally cannot understand the point you are trying to get across.
I was wondering the same thing...in Winnipeg there are LOTS of french-canadians so maybe french is her 1st language...but I'll wait to see what she replies :-)

ETA: The post you referred to was the one that I actually found to be the most articulate and easiest to read out of all the rest she had...?!

Last edited by crazylife; 08-27-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: addition
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #34
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
While I tend to agree that being subservient is a disgrace to all those who have fought for us to have equal rights and whatnot, if it is a decision the woman has come to on her own, who are we to judge? I could see if it pushed upon her by her husband or family members but when its a conscious decision by a grown woman, than whatever.
I think Above Rubies is a horrible model though. I checked out the former quiverfull members site and read the article about Nancy's daughter living in squalor running around her house with her 7 kids and a baby just to keep warm. It disgusts me that the mom basically rationalized it to where it was ok.
I agree on every single point. My biggest issue is when a woman makes a choice like that for herself and as a byproduct makes the same decision for ALL of her children. Yeah, that article made me sick. Talk about some willfully and neglectful lack of responsible parenting. I don't care how wonderful women followers of AR is, if they are being that willfully negligent and irresponsible with their kids, someone needs to step in to protect them. THAT is where prayers need to be raised up to.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #35
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylife View Post
I was wondering the same thing...in Winnipeg there are LOTS of french-canadians so maybe french is her 1st language...but I'll wait to see what she replies :-)

ETA: The post you referred to was the one that I actually found to be the most articulate and easiest to read out of all the rest she had...?!
Now that I have re read it 4-5 x I see you are correct.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #36
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ladies, this is a quick reminder to everyone that this site does not allow bashing,cyber-bullying,cyber stalking of someones post etc. I recognize a few of the posters on this thread as being women who tend to run together when there is drama to be had or someone they wish to flame. It's not allowed here.At all. In any way,shape or form.

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 08-29-2010 at 01:27 PM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote