Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Flip stay-dry insert ?

I use mainly BG4.0s and I've been folding down the insert to the smallest snap setting for my boy (since he pees in the front).

I got some Flip inserts and am waiting on my cover - will I be able to do the same with it? I'm wondering if I'm going to end up with a lot of poop on the cover, or problems with the PUL touching.

Advertisement

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
kferg
Registered Users

Re: Flip stay-dry insert ?

I use flip stay dry inserts sometimes and I fold down the extra in the front. It's been my experience that they work well for pee but poo always gets in the cover.
kferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
noahs naturally
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kferg
I use flip stay dry inserts sometimes and I fold down the extra in the front. It's been my experience that they work well for pee but poo always gets in the cover.
This. And we've had no issues with the exposed PUL, except it's probably not that comfortable on hot days where they might be sweaty (I imagine it would be like wearing vinyl pants). It really isn't that much that's exposed, though.
noahs naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 AM   #4
cboytitan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Would the organic inserts work the same; or do you think they would be better? I only have 3 of the stay-dry; and am needing more diapers, so if the organic ones work better I might get some of them too.

cboytitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
noahs naturally
Registered Users
seller

IMO, the organics work better. More absorbent - great for overnight, no stinkies. The only thing is that it doesn't have a stay-dry layer; I got the insert socks from cotton babies and encase the organics with those when I need stay-dry. Oh, and the organics fit in the cover better only after the med setting.
noahs naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
mrstilly
Registered Users
seller

Organics work better but they are bulkier. I also fold down my stay dry inserts in front. I don't have any exposed PUL once the tabs cross over to be snapped. DS is still exclusively breastfed, so the poops get on the covers almost every time, but some mamas I've talked to said that once the poop is more solid, it's less often.
mrstilly is offline   Reply With Quote