Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
gghmommy
Registered Users

Go Green Champ vs big name pockets

Hi, I'm new here, so please be gracious!! I am also just beginning my cloth experience. I have searched and think OS pockets are the best deal for our family. After looking into so many features, I feel the Go Green Champ has loads of good features and just wonder if anyone can tell me how well they hold up? I know evey diaper fits every baby differently. I'm just looking for something easy and affordable, but durable (hopefully to get through this baby and 1 or 2 more!!). Though I haven't used them, I feel prefolds or flats and covers are probably not for me. My hubby is all for us going cloth, he just doesn't want me to get into something that becomes a chore and therefore frustrating. I love that he wants a happy mommy!! TIA for any responses!! Leisel

Advertisement

gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Go Green Champ vs big name pockets

I would recommend getting several different brands of diapers so you can see what fits your baby best and works well. It's hard to recommend just one diaper as your needs will change and everyone prefers different features in cloth diapers.
Good luck and congrats on your baby!
LA RN and Mom to J '00, S '03, P '05 (CLW at 37 months), G '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & M '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

If you're interested in trying one, you may want to check out the Alva Baby diapers on Ebay. They are the same diapers as Go Green, but in limited prints and much cheaper. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PICK-COLOR...item8960305a8c
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
beautiful_ash
Registered Users
seller

I love my Champ 2.0's, they are great and very well made, fit really well, and are so cute. My husband doesn't care for them though because all the snaps confuse him, lol! Most daddys seem to prefer aplix closures so that is something to consider. If I'm in a hurry personally I prefer aplix as well. Try Softbums! They are my favorite, and you can reuse each cover up to 3x before washing so it's a very affordable system.
beautiful_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
If you're interested in trying one, you may want to check out the Alva Baby diapers on Ebay. They are the same diapers as Go Green, but in limited prints and much cheaper. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PICK-COLOR...item8960305a8c
great link!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOVE my Go Green!! I agree with trying different kinds though. And if the snaps are intimidation, Go Green has a converter you can snap on that has velcro on it...I'm looking at getting some
Old 09-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymommy10 View Post
I would definitely get one off ebay first to try out. They are the EXACT same diaper. Go Green just has their label sewn on. Find out whether or not you like them, then you can order from Go Green if you want more color options.