Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diaper laundry question

I am visiting family and staying at my aunt's and her washer is WAY different then ours so I'm not sure the best method of cycles for diaper laundry on her type of washer.

Her water wash options are Cold/Cold, Warm/Cold, and Hot/Cold. So I did a Cold/Cold delicate cycle to rinse then I added detergent and started a Heavy Duty Hot/Cold cycle and then just started a small Hot/Cold cycle to get a good final rinse. Does this sound like it will work ok?

At home I do a cold cycle, add detergent then a hot powerwash cycle with an extra rinse and it works perfect. I will have to wash diapers one or two more times while I'm here so I want to make sure I do the best I can while we are here without making her water bill skyrocket from diaper loads.

Advertisement

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
dreaded mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Diaper laundry question

That sounds like what I'll have to do at home when #2 gets here. I think those are my options too, lol. I would choose however to fairly quickly cold rinse, heavy duty hot or hot/cold wash with detergent then hot/cold or even cold some people are different I guess lol. I hate how my washer and sounds like your aunt's to, doesn't have just a rinse hot option. I can't just do a rinse cycle or just do a wash. Praying that God drops off a fancy washer with actual options someday, but hey, could have no choice but to hand wash eh? Lol
dreaded mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #3
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Diaper laundry question

What sort of diapers are you washing?

I like simple, so unless it isn't working or I have some reason I need to change, I just do a long hot wash and an extra rinse.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote