Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
AmyRN518
Registered Users

Which Sweet Iris Flats should I get???

I am due in a couple of months and have a pretty good size stash with lots of options. Buutttt... I am wanting to get some more Sweet Iris flats, I have 1 small and 1 medium and they are so soft. I am trying to decide what sizes to get. The half flat looks like it might be a good option but I can't decide. Also trying to decide if I should get more mediums and or get larges, or both lol. We are expecting her to be a tiny little squirt. Sweet Iris has so many different options its hard to choose. If you had to pick what would you choose to buy? Thanks for the advice

Advertisement

AmyRN518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Which Sweet Iris Flats should I get???

For a baby expected to be small, I would get either smalls or mediums. The larges will be way too much diaper, IMO.
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #3
saoirsesmom
Registered Users
seller

The smalls are great but only for the beginning as they don't absorb a lot. The larges are very thick and I only use them at night. Medium would probably be your best bet if you want something to use for longer.
saoirsesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
gabby's mom
Registered Users
seller

My newborn was big (9 pounds 10 ounces), but I loved my mediums from the start, and I can still use them on him now at 18 pounds. I didn't try the smalls, but if I had a do-over I would go with mediums again. I also have larges and they were way too big even for a baby that size, in my opinion.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
AmyRN518
Registered Users

Thanks for the suggestions. I may go with the mediums. I think they will be the most versatile. Have any of you tried the half flats? I have heard you can use them for a newbie and then as doublers later on, so they sound kinda nice also. I just want to buy all the diapers lol
Old 04-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
savvytrav
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have sweet iris half flats! Though I tend to grab for my fitteds first (probably because I'm lazy), when I take the time to fold and snappi a half flat, I love them! The half flats do work great on newborns or small babies, and they are so trim that tiny clothes (and tiny covers) fit well.
For reference, my baby was 6.11# at birth and is now about 11#, and I can stuff a bamboo doubler and fleece liner in on top of half flat and still get it around her just fine!

ISO: Sbish snapless; small-large Wallypop and Dancing Bears fleece; Imse vimse swim http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/savvytrav
savvytrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #7
AmyRN518
Registered Users

I decided to get 6 half flats, 2 small and 6 mediums. I figure this will give me lots of good options. I ordered the urban renewal pack of half flats and the small is a mystery color. Two of the mediums are mystery colors and the other 3 are sweet like candy colors. I cant wait to see them all together, I told her I just wanted a pretty rainbow!!!