Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
That awkward moment...

...when your mother realizes she was not invited to my son's First Communion.

That's how I started my morning.

Hope your morning is going better.

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: That awkward moment...

Was it intentional not to invite her or an accident?

My morning is consisting of scouring the area for a cello for my oldests solo performance tomorrow. I love when the school tells me 3 days prior that he needs a cello. I called our local music store right away when I found out and they said they'd call me back but that hasn't happened so now I'm on the hunt myself. Yay...
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
Was it intentional not to invite her or an accident?

My morning is consisting of scouring the area for a cello for my oldests solo performance tomorrow. I love when the school tells me 3 days prior that he needs a cello. I called our local music store right away when I found out and they said they'd call me back but that hasn't happened so now I'm on the hunt myself. Yay...
What!? Do they think cellos are easily available and you just go the corner store and pick one up.

It was intentional. It was a very low key affair and put together quickly. It wasn't a big group just my son and his best friend. When we thought of inviting my mother and brother we decided that it was not worth the aggravation. It was one of the most peaceful low stress events we've had so we were right. My brother does not stress me out but when combined with my mother the combo is toxic.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
What!? Do they think cellos are easily available and you just go the corner store and pick one up.

It was intentional. It was a very low key affair and put together quickly. It wasn't a big group just my son and his best friend. When we thought of inviting my mother and brother we decided that it was not worth the aggravation. It was one of the most peaceful low stress events we've had so we were right. My brother does not stress me out but when combined with my mother the combo is toxic.
Not only are they not easily available but they are also expensive. You can't just rent one for a day you have to rent for at least a month at a time. So annoying.

Small and quiet get togethers are sometimes the most memorable. I think you made a good choice.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Not only are they not easily available but they are also expensive. You can't just rent one for a day you have to rent for at least a month at a time. So annoying.

Small and quiet get togethers are sometimes the most memorable. I think you made a good choice.
Rent for a month! What does he use at school? Is someone else using that one?

My dd overheard me talking about the First Communion and she chimed in that she thought it was really nice and relaxed. I forget that if I'm stressed they get stressed by association.

When I mentioned the upcoming Confirmation her first words were I'll go if someone picks me up. Yes, that's exactly what I want to do on my son's confirmation day. Drive 2 hours, twice on a weekday to pick someone up who could really care less about what's being celebrated.

I've shifted to self preservation mode when it comes to interacting with them.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:41 AM   #6
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Rent for a month! What does he use at school? Is someone else using that one?

My dd overheard me talking about the First Communion and she chimed in that she thought it was really nice and relaxed. I forget that if I'm stressed they get stressed by association.

When I mentioned the upcoming Confirmation her first words were I'll go if someone picks me up. Yes, that's exactly what I want to do on my son's confirmation day. Drive 2 hours, twice on a weekday to pick someone up who could really care less about what's being celebrated.

I've shifted to self preservation mode when it comes to interacting with them.
Since its a big fragile instrument they have some at school the kids can use instead of dragging to and from school. Since this is his 2nd year playing and at his new school this is only his classes first year we chose not to get him one to use at home since he was basically relearning everything all over again. This weekend there is a solo contest type thing at a different school so he can't take the one from his school home and to another school over the weekend. I knew this contest was coming but never knew a date and I thought it was during school hours so we wouldn't have to worry about it but I was wrong.

Yeah driving that far just to pick someone up and take them right back doesn't sound fun. Especially if they aren't appreciative.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:55 AM   #7
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Since its a big fragile instrument they have some at school the kids can use instead of dragging to and from school. Since this is his 2nd year playing and at his new school this is only his classes first year we chose not to get him one to use at home since he was basically relearning everything all over again. This weekend there is a solo contest type thing at a different school so he can't take the one from his school home and to another school over the weekend. I knew this contest was coming but never knew a date and I thought it was during school hours so we wouldn't have to worry about it but I was wrong.

Yeah driving that far just to pick someone up and take them right back doesn't sound fun. Especially if they aren't appreciative.
A couple of kids we know are learning cello. They are not cheap for sure.

My ds has a scholarship application due on Monday that he has not even started. I'm not sure why he didn't start earlier this week. He's been off school too. I just had that conversation.

It's raining. I'm getting a stye. This Friday is seeming blah.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #8
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

I'm sorry you are dealing with this today. ☹️

I can't imagine driving 4 hours for someone who doesn't care about the event. It just baffles me how people can act so ridiculous.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 AM   #9
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
A couple of kids we know are learning cello. They are not cheap for sure.

My ds has a scholarship application due on Monday that he has not even started. I'm not sure why he didn't start earlier this week. He's been off school too. I just had that conversation.

It's raining. I'm getting a stye. This Friday is seeming blah.
It's one of those things that brings back me getting so mad that DS1s bio mom doesn't pay child support. Because if she did he could have things like a cello and we wouldn't have to stress about it. It's not my place though and it's beyond the point of us even caring to try to get it from her so I let it go but it's hard not to think in the back of your mind how not right it is. If he continues into high school playing it we will probably actually buy one but we are waiting until he is in a full size cello so we don't have to buy 2.

You just reminded me I need to look into getting DS a tutor for the remainder of the school year. Ugh.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #10
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
I'm sorry you are dealing with this today. ☹️

I can't imagine driving 4 hours for someone who doesn't care about the event. It just baffles me how people can act so ridiculous.
In their opinion, this makes absolute sense and I'm ridiculous for not putting them first.

She pulled some antics for Easter but it worked to my benefit (didn't have to meet up) but she somehow thinks I'm oblivious because I chose not to engage.

Quote:
It's one of those things that brings back me getting so mad that DS1s bio mom doesn't pay child support. Because if she did he could have things like a cello and we wouldn't have to stress about it. It's not my place though and it's beyond the point of us even caring to try to get it from her so I let it go but it's hard not to think in the back of your mind how not right it is. If he continues into high school playing it we will probably actually buy one but we are waiting until he is in a full size cello so we don't have to buy 2.

You just reminded me I need to look into getting DS a tutor for the remainder of the school year. Ugh.
I can see your frustration. Of course, you'll get him whatever he needs but you have the complete financial burden while she doesn't even have to worry about the cello and all the other things that come up with parenting.

Ds is working on the application right now. Lucky, he had a solid start to it.