Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #461
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 25 lb weightloss Group Oct thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmy4boyz View Post
I soooo wanted to be under 200 by the end of this month. Sigh.
It will happen. You're doing what is best for your little one and your body is doing what it needs to make sure that happens.

I lost a bit of weight about 10 years ago. I lost it in 6 weeks and went from a size 18 to a 10/12 in that frame of time. It was so "easy" to lose that I didn't really learn anything from it. I spiraled out of control, went on eating binges and over time, gained all the weight back plus about 50 pounds. I didn't learn anything about how to eat or how to be disciplined.

I now understand what the difference is between dieting and making lifelong changes.

GTG for now, DD has an appointment and I just realized that I am still sitting at this computer and need to leave in about 5 minutes.

Advertisement

acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #462
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was at 155.2 this morning, but didn't er.... potty until I got to work. So I think my teeny tiny loss might be real. Can I be excited about a single pound?

Yesterday, I made cookies for my kids various Halloween parties at school and managed not to eat ONE. Or lick the bowl. Or the spoon. So, if I can be good tonight, I think I might award myself with something (not food related).

Also, I didn't bring in creamer to work. Which means any coffee that I do drink will be black. And that cuts the calories way down, even if I still have a cup or two. I think I need to not have access to creamer in the fridge, because I think I can easily rack up 400 calories in a day in creamer alone.

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #463
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife View Post
I was at 155.2 this morning, but didn't er.... potty until I got to work. So I think my teeny tiny loss might be real. Can I be excited about a single pound?

Yesterday, I made cookies for my kids various Halloween parties at school and managed not to eat ONE. Or lick the bowl. Or the spoon. So, if I can be good tonight, I think I might award myself with something (not food related).

Also, I didn't bring in creamer to work. Which means any coffee that I do drink will be black. And that cuts the calories way down, even if I still have a cup or two. I think I need to not have access to creamer in the fridge, because I think I can easily rack up 400 calories in a day in creamer alone.
Every pound should be celebrated!

Good job on resisting the urge to indulge in treats.

I caved and had McDonalds for lunch. DD had an appointment from 10-11:30 then we ran home, I made sandwiches for the kids and then took them to PE class at the Y at 1. Oh well, what's done is done. I didn't drink soda though.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #464
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anyone want to trade kids today? Alex is pitching a fit for EVERYTHING. I'm going to lose my mind.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #465
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Anyone want to trade kids today? Alex is pitching a fit for EVERYTHING. I'm going to lose my mind.
Hugs hang in there its almost over.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #466
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Okay guys, I'll mention the obvious elephant in the room.

How are you all doing with Kimmie's ban?
I was going to but I didn't know how to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acwakip View Post

I was really sad when it went down and was ready to rally around her but I am glad I didn't. I never talked to her personally one on one but I felt connected to her through our group.

I have been around the internet long enough and have seen quite a few scammers so I don't really feel any contempt for her personally. But I really hope that if all this stems from her mental illness that she gets the help she needs and that her family is resilient stable for their own sakes.

Sent from my not-so-smart-phone
It's very sad. She has been part of our little group for over a year.
Quote:

There was a long drawn out thread in Sensitive Subjects in regards to her family situation. She posted details and the details were contradictory. Someone found a thread on another site (called bratfree, for people with no children) where she (Kimmie) posted in the past and was found out to have made up a fake persona. Edited to add that she was banned from other sites for the same thing.

Over the years she claimed to be a nurse, but she later admitted that she never finished the LPN program. Over the years, she had been giving out medical advice based on her nursing experience, which is a big no-no.

In the past, members had given her money based upon her posts reflecting need (money, food, etc.) and now that it has been revealed that she had scammed other sites, she was banned from here. She flat out asked for donations at one point, which is also not allowed on this site. Those posts were removed, I believe.

To sum it all up, there is really no way to know if anything she said was real. I tend to believe that the bulk of her story was true (children, weight loss, money troubles) but you just never know.
Very good wrap up on it.
Quote:
And on the weight loss track, I was up to 204.2 today. So up 2 pounds from last weigh in. I have been eating on plan, snacking on fruits and veggies, and drinking enough water. I was really hopeful to end the month out of the 200 range, but I guess I can shoot for the end of next week.

I am tempted to have a "cheat" day today but I probably won't. I planned on making spaghetti and butter garlic rolls for supper but eating a salad. I guess that is better than overindulging on Halloween treats. LOL
Good day. Being up is not a bad thing it can be gone tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmy4boyz View Post
I think you're doing awesome! I wish I was losing like you. I am not getting a ton of sleep between my baby waking to nurse and my dog who's on meds and needs to go out constantly it's frustrating. I'm so tired today. It's hard to follow the right way to eat when you're exhausted.
Hugs slow and steady is good
Quote:

Thank you! My losses seem to go in fits and spurts. It seems like the last few pounds dropped very quickly but they seem to be coming back. I think I want to save up some money for a new scale. Buying new batteries would probably be a better solution.
My losses come in fits and bursts too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife View Post

Great job!!
Quote:

Every pound should be celebrated!

Good job on resisting the urge to indulge in treats.

I caved and had McDonalds for lunch. DD had an appointment from 10-11:30 then we ran home, I made sandwiches for the kids and then took them to PE class at the Y at 1. Oh well, what's done is done. I didn't drink soda though.
I caved today too and had BK.

Tomorrow ladies look for the new thread and there will be a water SS too.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #467
traderbren
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife
Heck yes be excited about dingle pounds!

Keeping the autocorrect for single. Just because.

DH has worked late every night this week so my running is not happening. MIL asked for my kids at lunch tomorrow since Brigid is off school, so I plan to get a haircut and run the trail, rain or shine, while she has them.

Stayed on track food-wise all day even though DH made an apple pie last night...
Old 10-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #468
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderbren View Post
Heck yes be excited about dingle pounds!

Keeping the autocorrect for single. Just because.

DH has worked late every night this week so my running is not happening. MIL asked for my kids at lunch tomorrow since Brigid is off school, so I plan to get a haircut and run the trail, rain or shine, while she has them.

Stayed on track food-wise all day even though DH made an apple pie last night...
I need to get my hair cut too. I think I might do that.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #469
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
New thread is up.