Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #21
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight loss Challenge!

while some people may have difficulty mentioning actual weight or even talking about their weight, I could probably disclose to close friends and complete strangers my actual weight.
I spent some time in Kenya at a girl's high school as a teacher. In Kenya, it was very common for complete strangers to comment on your weight, looks, body type...anything. I had men tell me they liked my body type...and another man stop dead in the middle of the street to say, "oh...hello" in a very oh wow, you are hot! voice. and i was still plenty overweight at that time as well!
I would get on the public transportation and the mommas would give me a look and say, oh you are so fat, as i got on the bench with them. nice. (just so no one is too horrified...i think that is part of the culture there. we are very sensitive to weight and appearence and do not mention such things, even close friends watch out so they don't "hurt your feelings". after a while, I got used to it. I think, to them, one's weight or body type is so obvious, why would it be bad to comment upon it. everyone can see if someone is large and overweight.
anyway...being there actually helped me accept my body rather than run in absolute dread from people's comments.
and while I am no longer completely embarrased by my looks, I do not love them either. the flab has got to go!
lets do it ladies!

Advertisement

heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #22
The3McCoys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would have Cried. Although my MIL tells me every couple of months that I need to loose weight, or comments on it some way another.

Anyways.

Mama's I am ready for tomorrow morning! I got music on my zune, new ear phones, and an arm band to hold it in.

The plan is to Jog/Walk a mile in the morning, and Yoga at night. Not a fan of Yoga. But my hubby is doing the P90X so I will try and join him at night, if not then Yoga.

I am determined to get this weight off!!

What are your strategies??
Old 07-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #23
keonli
Registered Users
seller

Took my measurements this morning. I am currently at 129.8 lbs, and am 5'1".

Waist: 29.5" - 30"
Thighs: 20"
Arms: 10"
Hips: 28"

My stomach area is my biggest problem and always has been.

ETA: Humidity is still killing me over here so I will do either the Shred or Yoga Meltdown tonight.

Last edited by keonli; 07-09-2010 at 06:14 AM.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #24
anniep78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just took my measurments but I haven`t taken a pic yet.

Weight 197
height 6'
waist 41''
hips 45''
upper arm 13''
thigh 26''
bust 40''

I probably will not start dieting and exercise until Monday morning since my DH is on vacation this week.

Last edited by anniep78; 07-09-2010 at 07:55 AM.
anniep78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #25
keonli
Registered Users
seller

Annie, you and your husband can do things together that will count as diet/exercise. DH was on vacation last week and we went on walks together, at the beach and at the park, and while DH is trying to bulk up (he is very scrawny) and I am trying to slim down, we were still able to have a BBQ at a family's house. DH indulged in burgers and steak and I had a bit of steak with some veggie kabobs.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #26
anniep78
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Annie, you and your husband can do things together that will count as diet/exercise. DH was on vacation last week and we went on walks together, at the beach and at the park, and while DH is trying to bulk up (he is very scrawny) and I am trying to slim down, we were still able to have a BBQ at a family's house. DH indulged in burgers and steak and I had a bit of steak with some veggie kabobs.
We are being alot more active, we`ve been swimming alot and walking but definitley not eating good, way too much ice cream.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #27
keonli
Registered Users
seller

Annie, that's the hardest part! I still dig into a bag of chips. Just by being active, you have taken a step towards progress. That's great!

I know I need to watch my diet though. I think I don't exercise hard enough to shed the weight so my diet is my biggest issue. I have noticed, however, that since jogging and doing the Shred, my legs are getting more toned, as well as my butt. Now to work on the rest of me...
Old 07-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #28
The3McCoys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Annie- I used to say "I'll start Monday." Monday would come, it would be a bad day, and I would say I'll start tomorrow. Tomorrow never came. So Finally last week I was sitting on the couch chillin and said "it starts now" It takes a lot of will power to start now, but it's definitely easier!

I eat things I shouldn't either. We have low-fat ice cream if we want some, it's not about taking away what you love, just make it healthier!!

This morning I got up at 6:30 and jogged a lap around the track, and walked 3. I want to work up to jogging all 4. It will take time, but I can so do this!! I can't stand how I look when I look in the mirror. I want to be able to be comfortable enough to wear a tank top if i'm hot.

So yeah, What is "The Shred"?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #29
keonli
Registered Users
seller

Tessa, the 30 Day Shred is a work out video by Jillian Michaels of the biggest loser. It consists of 3 20 minute levels that works out your whole body. It's awesome. You only need handweights and maybe a mat. You spend about a minute doing cardio, strength, and abs and that continues for 20 minutes total. It's hard but so awesome.

And if you want to be able to jog all 4 laps, have you considered joining the Couch to 5K challenge? It starts you off nice and easy and I am approaching week 3.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #30
The3McCoys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Tessa, the 30 Day Shred is a work out video by Jillian Michaels of the biggest loser. It consists of 3 20 minute levels that works out your whole body. It's awesome. You only need handweights and maybe a mat. You spend about a minute doing cardio, strength, and abs and that continues for 20 minutes total. It's hard but so awesome.

And if you want to be able to jog all 4 laps, have you considered joining the Couch to 5K challenge? It starts you off nice and easy and I am approaching week 3.
Got it! Hubby is doing the P90X, which is an hour long, and by 20 minutes I'm hurting. LOL. i did the leg work out 3 days ago, and I couldn't walk the next day it hurt sooo goood!!. hehehe!!

I've thought about the Couch to 5K. It seemed a little complicated when I first read it, but that was also when I was in my "I don't care" attitude.

I think I will check it out again. I just want to shed this weight!!