Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2016, 07:04 PM   #11
Mama2fluffybutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Minimizing and family planning...

Well, I went through everything and got rid of most of it. It was emotionally harder than I thought. It was almost like I was giving away the memories of my kid's babyhood. The fact that they physically fit into those tiny clothes at one point and now I was just letting them go, felt very sad. But, now that they're gone and I don't have a bunch of stuff to move and take up space, it's very nice. Who'd a thought you could build such unreasonable attachments to stuff.

Advertisement

Mama2fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:02 PM   #12
bbammu
Registered Users
seller

Mama2fluffybutt, I understand how you feel. I have been selling off dd2's clothes and diapers and I didn't expect to feel sad. Yet I have no reason to keep them and the extra space is nice.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
bbammu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #13
erinofgod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I recently went through the same thing. I have a 4yo boy, 2 yo girl and baby girl on the way. Pretty sure this will be our last. Anyway, I gave 1/2 of each size of my 2yo wardrobe to my sister who is expecting her first girl and kept 1 small tote of each size. That way I have enough to at least get started in each size and won't need much new. I also kept winter stuff in every size and several pairs of shoes in every size. I'm not too picky about my girl wearing my sons hand me downs. Most of her play cloths are boys clothes. It doesn't bother me. We like to get dirty when we play outside. As long as she has several cute dresses for church and bible study and lots of bows to dress up not so cute outfits, we are good to go. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
erinofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:50 PM   #14
abh5e8
Registered Users

I keep a very minimal wardrobe in the outgrown sizes. And only what i love and is in like new condition. Also things like rain jacket, rain and snow boots, snow pants/coat... the things I would for sure need/use. For the little sizes, it's maybe a dozen, onsies, sleepers and swaddle blankets. One or two church outfits for those bigger sizes. I have to balance minimalism with frugal choices. That said, I have only a small stack of plastic tubs in my basement.

We have ended up with tons more stuff after each child, mostly due to generous family and friends, and I pass most all of it along, to other friends or goodwill.

Last edited by abh5e8; 06-15-2016 at 06:51 PM.
abh5e8 is offline   Reply With Quote