Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2016, 01:40 PM   #11
abh5e8
Registered Users

Re: I hate our downsize- help me?

Any update or pics? (Or did you move? &#128522

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #12
ashbartlett
Registered Users
seller

I would just go room by room. Give it a week or so for small rooms and whatever goes in them (boxes that you still need to go through?). I am about to move in a year and we need to purge purge purge and yeah... its so daunting and overwhelming!
ashbartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #13
ashbartlett
Registered Users
seller

But, yes, update! What did you do?
ashbartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #14
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry I abandoned this thread! My new camera does not place nice with my new and super-junky laptop. I never can get pics to post right.

I have spent the last few months working feverishly on our house and trying to get settled in our new state and home.

The house is shaping up ok. I got rid of yet MORE STUFF. We built a storage base on my dds' bunk bed, and bought a craigslist dresser for the boys' room. put our old couch in the 4th bedroom- tiny though it be- and turned it into a Lego/ Playmobil/ reading room! I love it and it gets the kids out from under me a couple times a day. (And we have guests so rarely that the lack of a guest bed isn't a big deal.)

We also turned the family room off the kitchen into more of a project room/ homeschooling room with a desk for each child. Generally, I dislike my home to look like a school, but this is so practical and everyone has personal space to do projects and keep their school books organized.

I still want a bigger house. Maybe I am a spoiled American brat. But for now, I am no longer choking every time I walk into a room! Seriously- I did not know how much more stuff I could ditch, yet I did it. And I am so happy I did, too. I'm not done yet, but I feel good.

I will STILL try to post pics if I can figure out my dh's camera! I especially want to show off the kids' rooms. They are quite amazing considering how bad they were a few months ago!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #15
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
I am so sorry I abandoned this thread! My new camera does not place nice with my new and super-junky laptop. I never can get pics to post right.

I have spent the last few months working feverishly on our house and trying to get settled in our new state and home.

The house is shaping up ok. I got rid of yet MORE STUFF. We built a storage base on my dds' bunk bed, and bought a craigslist dresser for the boys' room. put our old couch in the 4th bedroom- tiny though it be- and turned it into a Lego/ Playmobil/ reading room! I love it and it gets the kids out from under me a couple times a day. (And we have guests so rarely that the lack of a guest bed isn't a big deal.)

We also turned the family room off the kitchen into more of a project room/ homeschooling room with a desk for each child. Generally, I dislike my home to look like a school, but this is so practical and everyone has personal space to do projects and keep their school books organized.

I still want a bigger house. Maybe I am a spoiled American brat. But for now, I am no longer choking every time I walk into a room! Seriously- I did not know how much more stuff I could ditch, yet I did it. And I am so happy I did, too. I'm not done yet, but I feel good.

I will STILL try to post pics if I can figure out my dh's camera! I especially want to show off the kids' rooms. They are quite amazing considering how bad they were a few months ago!

Oh yay! I'm happy for you! We would love to see pics.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #16
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I figured out how to take pictures with my computer's camera. They aren't super clear, though.

Girls' room.
We designed and built the storage base to fit under the KURA bed from Ikea. It holds a ton. The wall decals are from the old house.

Opposite wall- all these items are from the old house, but in different rooms. I made the black-out ruffle curtains (PBK knock off) and I adore them. All their sweaters/ coats hang on the hooks at the left, and when the door is open it hides them all.

The last wall barely pictured in the first picture has a bookcase holding all their craft supplies and random junk in baskets.

Family room turned Schoolroom/ Playroom.
The big kid desks are painted the same color as the wall to help them blend in. I like it. The pottery barn play table and carts were a $60 craigslist find and I may still paint them to match the rest of the room (but dh likes it as is). The carts hold SO MUCH- our whole collection of wooden blocks and train track.

This wall needs some décor. We combined an old table and an old bookcase to make 2 separate work areas for the 4yo and the 7yo. They have a cd player under the table for audio books- they love it. The rocking chair has a little table and chair next to it where the baby pretends to sit and write. She loves it:

Other wall has 3 Ikea bookcases for extra books/ science supplies/ toys. The baby's play kitchen is right next to the real kitchen.

I will do the boys room later tonight or tomorrow!

Last edited by momomom; 10-13-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #17
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sort of laughing because without "before" pictures, these rooms don't really look like much! But compared to how they were 6 months ago, it is miraculous.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:29 PM   #18
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
I'm sort of laughing because without "before" pictures, these rooms don't really look like much! But compared to how they were 6 months ago, it is miraculous.

I think they are miraculous anyway!!! I don't need befores..... Everything looks so well thought out! I'm just now getting to scroll through pics and look because we had pizza and movie night here-no phones allowed!!!

I LOVE the tree in the girls' room. I am about to paint my girls' room and I am looking for ideas.

I am so envious of the PB craft table for $60! I paid $300 for my son's play table and it has no drawers. (Little Colorado)

I always wanted my kid's kitchen set in my kitchen and now I have a space to put it since I rearranged. Thanks for reminding me.

Looks great-can't wait to see the boys' rooms.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote