Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2016, 01:50 PM   #11
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cleaning out today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Yes! We do a big purge before the gifts arrive and then another big purge after the gifts are given. We've already did a foster family Christmas party which brought in so. much. stuff. then we are doing inlaws tomorrow. And my parents next Saturday. Then ours Sunday, but we only got the kids 1 gift each. Both my inlaws and my parents have scaled back, but it still ends up being too much! And then the little stuff that I forget about, like "Oh look! the Sunday school teacher brought me this!"
I dont know exactly how foster family Christmas goes but my step son ALWAYS comes back with so much junk when he is at his bio moms. Its like she buys a bunch of cheap juck instead of one or 2 nice things to make it look like he got a lot. He always ends up donating it 90% of it when we do the Christmas purge the next year. This year I am going to tell him unless it is something he has to have at home to just leave it there for when he visits. I cant deal with all the crap anymore.

Advertisement

kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #12
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
I dont know exactly how foster family Christmas goes but my step son ALWAYS comes back with so much junk when he is at his bio moms. Its like she buys a bunch of cheap juck instead of one or 2 nice things to make it look like he got a lot. He always ends up donating it 90% of it when we do the Christmas purge the next year. This year I am going to tell him unless it is something he has to have at home to just leave it there for when he visits. I cant deal with all the crap anymore.
The thing I meant was a foster family appreciation party...we (as foster parents) take the boys and our bio kids. The bio kids got tubs of popcorn but the bonus boys get a few gifts each--ours got a couple board books, jammies, and a couple toys. Then each family got a turkey and a grocery store gift card. It was super nice.

What you're talking about was something I forgot to list...they came home from their last visit with some stuff and most of it is already broken. :/ We aren't allowed to get rid of stuff their family provides them with, which is such a pain. Unfortunately (for them) and fortunately (for my clutter level) their family typically provides them with nothing or close to it. I do have a box in my garage where I keep broken/outgrown/nasty/inappropriate things of theirs that I can't trash or donate though. I'll be glad when that box gets to go.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:06 AM   #13
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Snowed in and I'm up and ready to get stuff DONE!

Laundry first and then I have a bunch of other projects that I need to tackle. I want this place as clutter free as possible.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:14 AM   #14
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Snowed in and I'm up and ready to get stuff DONE!

Laundry first and then I have a bunch of other projects that I need to tackle. I want this place as clutter free as possible.
This is our first winter since we moved and it is going to be wierd not having snow as an excuse to not leave the house! Back home they have over 2 feet and under a winter storm warning. Here it is supposed to be 50 degrees.

Last edited by kmrotski; 12-17-2016 at 07:15 AM.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote